Capt Frank Hopkins

Default Crestliner Boats Comments please.

I am concidering investing in a Crestliner/Mercury dealership. I know very
little about the boats except they are mostly metal.

I would appreciate any comments about the boats from owners, especially
about service and satisfaction.

Anyone else is welcome to put in their 2 cents too, but *** PLEASE no
politics!***

Capt. Frank

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 07:13:47 GMT, "Capt Frank Hopkins"
wrote:

I am concidering investing in a Crestliner/Mercury dealership. I know very
little about the boats except they are mostly metal.

I would appreciate any comments about the boats from owners, especially
about service and satisfaction.

Here's my two cents.

I know two dealerships for Lund in the area that I live - two
different states and about 100 miles apart. Lund makes a good tin
boat - that's a pretty safe statement. However, I can introduce you
to some folks who HATE Lunds - and it's all about the dealership
because if you talk to folks who purchased at the other dealership,
they are the best thing since sliced bread.

It's all about service - what happens before, during and after the
sale. Price comes into it certainly as people will compare, but it's
still about service.

And by service, I don't mean the mechanic in the shop, although that's
a huge part of it. It's things like answering the phone promptly,
returning calls promptly (within an hour), answering emails quicky,
keeping in touch with your customers, keeping repair estimates
realistic, PROMPT warranty work, prompt service work (don't say it
will take two weeks and take four).

You also need to look at the manufacturers. In a lot of cases, the
dealer/service reps that will service this dealership can make or
break the business. Your service department has to have a good
relationship with the manufacturer's representative. A lot of folks
don't realise how important the manufacturer's people are to a
dealership.

The perception of the dealserhip as good or bad is the most important
part of the sale/service equation.

As to Crestliner, they've been around a long, long time and make a
good boat.

Good luck.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------

"To the fisherman born there is nothing
so provoking of curiosity as a fishing rod
in a case."

Roland Pertwee, "The River God" (1928)
del cecchi

"Capt Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
ink.net...
I am concidering investing in a Crestliner/Mercury dealership. I know

very
little about the boats except they are mostly metal.

I would appreciate any comments about the boats from owners,

especially
about service and satisfaction.

Anyone else is welcome to put in their 2 cents too, but *** PLEASE no
politics!***

Capt. Frank

Here in Minnesota where Aluminum boats are very popular, Crestliner is
one of the top two or three brands. People seem to really like them. I
have heard nothing negative about the factory, located in a small town
in Minnesota (little falls, maybe?) or the boats. Seems to me that you
have one of the top combinations for aluminum fishing boats especially.
I think they also make some pontoons and other kinds of boats.

Is there a market for aluminum fishing boats where the dealership is
located? If you could get Lund also, that would be sweet. I bet if you
showed up at the factory, they would be happy to show you around.

del cecchi

Messing In Boats

To copy Del's remark, we in Minnesota really like our Lund, Crestliner
and Alumacraft boats. I would take any one of them in a heartbeat,
having owned two of them and lusted for the third. I think they are
among the best. Some prefer the Crestliner as it's all welded with no
rivets to come loose in heavy pounding. Others say when airplanes are
welded, they will buy welded.

Capt. Jeff