John H

Default Harry, did you go to the Seminar Series today?

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 16:41:30 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

NOYB wrote:

What did you think?

I left early. It wasn't nearly as good as the one I attended in Florida
many years ago. After George Poveromo introduced a couple of people, all
the presentations consisted of two different groups of four professional
guides, most from the area and one from New Jersey and another from the
Massachusets area, talking and talking and talking. No demos of new
techniques, no demos of the latest gear, no Q&A, no in-depth discussions
of specific locations. It was pretty lame. One of local dealerships puts
on a much better fishing seminar in the spring.

Oh...about 700 guys attended. No kidding. It was held in the auditorium
of Annapolis High School. Too hot in the room, too. I did meet a couple
of interesting guys who ship chum logs around the country.

We missed your pretty face at the Tri-State flea market today. I think
everyone on the *other* group was there buying or selling. Even
Brandon showed up with a table full of sweat and t-shirts with
tidalfish written all over them.

I stocked up on some bucktails, parachutes, and sassy shads, and got a
new 6 pronged umbrella rig, only about 8" diameter. Will see how it
all works come end of March.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

I had to drive over the West River south of Annapolis to get there, and
the river was frozen solid. First time I can recall *that* happening,
although I am sure it does happen from time to time. Rockhold Creek in
Deale was frozen, too. Miami better not be frozen over next month

during
my trip there.

You know the dates yet? You may want to get a charter for sailfish.

Word
is, they're knockin' 'em dead right now...especially off of Stuart.

Dunno
how things will be in another month, however.

End of the first week. I glommed onto an offshore charter for my one
free weekend day, and I hope to get out of Haulover Inlet for at least a
half-day during the week for some light tackle fishing. I have a new rod
and reel that has never seen the water. Nothing that special, just
another Shimano Calcutta 251 on a nice 7' Bass Pro Shops rod. I like the
251s...got another on a Shimano rod. I spool them up with Berkley

Fireline.

Saw a new line of Penns at the show today...spinning reels, a step up at
least from my brace of SS reels. Very nice stuff.

Which Penns? I like the Slammers, but don't own one...yet/ Is there another
new one?

I just got a Penn Formula 10KG. That's the 20 lb. conventional lever-drag
two speed. Awesome reel! And Made in the USA.

It was a Penn Slammer 240...a great light-line reel.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 17:48:01 -0500, "John Gaquin"
wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message news:c03om3

...but the way he
was talking about stripers, it sounded like Massachusetts to me.

Stripahs?

No - stripahs are found in nudie bars - strippahs are the fish.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT

"To the fisherman born there is nothing
so provoking of curiosity as a fishing rod
in a case."

Roland Pertwee, "The River God" (1928)