Harry Krause

Default Harry, did you go to the Seminar Series today?

NOYB wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

What did you think?

I left early.

Good idea. The first 3-4 hours were terrific at the one in Ft. Myers.
After that it was blahblahblahblah...and I forgot most of what I learned in
the first 3-4 hours.

It wasn't nearly as good as the one I attended in Florida
many years ago. After George Poveromo introduced a couple of people, all
the presentations consisted of two different groups of four professional
guides, most from the area and one from New Jersey and another from the
Massachusets area, talking and talking and talking. No demos of new
techniques, no demos of the latest gear, no Q&A,

The lack of a Q&A was disappointing.

no in-depth discussions
of specific locations.

That's a good thing. I speak to two of the local guides that were speakers
at the Ft. Myers one on a regular basis. They've gotten pretty specific
with locations when I've talked to them one-on-one. However, I was happy
that they didn't share those spots with 700 other people. Can you imagine
what would happen then?

It was pretty lame.

Wow. I liked the Ft. Myers one.

One of local dealerships puts
on a much better fishing seminar in the spring.

Oh...about 700 guys attended. No kidding. It was held in the auditorium
of Annapolis High School. Too hot in the room, too. I did meet a couple
of interesting guys who ship chum logs around the country.

200 other guys and I stood in line for 45 minutes to buy a pork
sandwich...and then were told we needed a ticket.

"Where do we get a ticket?"

Reply: "We're sold out of 'em"

If I had left before lunch, I would have given it a 10 out of 10. However,
overall, I had to give it a "7".

I'd give it about a three.

I had to drive over the West River south of Annapolis to get there, and
the river was frozen solid. First time I can recall *that* happening,
although I am sure it does happen from time to time. Rockhold Creek in
Deale was frozen, too. Miami better not be frozen over next month during
my trip there.

--
Email sent to is never read.