NOYB

Default boat thieves back in busiess insurance results

State Farm sucks. They were writing a policy on my smaller boat, both cars,
my house, and an umbrella policy. About three months ago, they wouldn't
write one on my bigger boat (stored on a rack in an enclosed building)
because the building was in "Coastal Waters". They now don't get to write
one on *any* of my possessions. I was going to check Progressive until I
read that their Director was one of the biggest contributors to moveon.org
(about $1.5 million).

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Try your state's department of insurance. I had a problem with an auto

claim
several years ago and a quick letter to http://www.ins.state.il.us/ took

care of
the problem in less than two weeks. The check even came with a letter of
apology! The insurance companies can lose their ability to operate in an

entire
state if they have too many problems.

I mentioned this in another post but I recently switched to Progressive.

State
Farm's rates skyrocketed in Florida. They even sent a note explaining the
unusually high increase with the renewal notice. With Progressive, I

maxed out
my liability limits and I am still saving over $200 per year vs State

Farms new
premium. Fortunately, I can't comment on either company's claims

procedures.

Dan

Capt Frank Hopkins wrote:
"Del Cecchi" wrote in message

"Capt Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

Hi All,
[snip]

I did check with homeowner's policy. Because the boat is listed as a

"second
home" on the taxes, the primary policy does not cover theft losses. A

rather
sneaky catch 22. The chip is not covered because the adjuster chose not

cover it. No amount of arguing could get her to change her mind. I was

under
the impresssion that all the boat's equipment was 100% covered. It turns
out, only the actual boat and manufacturer installed equipment is 100%
covered. Owner installed "accessories" are covered at a pro-rata amount.

The
insuranace company gets to determine the discount.

I did contact my attorney, who said that there is a claim there, but by

the
time I pay his fees, court costs, and the 5 years it will take to chase

the
claim through the courts, It will cost me more then the loss I could
recover.

I am looking for a new insurance company. The good hands developed

stickey
fingers.

C.F.

Check your homeowner's insurance. It might cover stuff like tools and
fishing poles. That is often the case.
And why did they cover the GPS but not the chip in it?

Shows that the additional cost of "replacement cost" coverage might be
justified. And when you find out where I can buy one of those 2 year

old
generators for 40% of new, drop me a line. Sounds like my price range

del

Trainfan1

"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message
..Ever since that day I'll never have ALL STATE Insurance. There, I've
said it! They can sue me if they don't like it.
Paul

Paul, if you were the Allstate insured, who actually had a contract with
them (you didn't in this case), I'd say they did just fine by you, their
client. They are supposed to defend the insured from litigation &
damages... and they can settle in lieu of suit. It worked against you! All
you had to do was go to small claims court.

The problem I'm having now with my insurance company is that I'm losing
confidence in their abilty to defend... they are too often too quick to
settle. I'm shopping...

Rob
*
*
*

Trainfan1

"Capt Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Hi All,
After a throughly incompetent investigation by the local constabulary, I
took the list of missing items to the insurance comapny. Here are the
results:

"snip"
Moral, Check your insurance policy to determine what is covered and what

is
not!

Capt Frank,

Get on the stick... you have a valid homeowner's claim to file. Don't let
the statute run!

Rob
*
*
*

Dan Krueger

Do you have a link to his affiliation with those extremists? I'd like to email
it back to them...

Thanks,
Dan

Capt Frank Hopkins wrote:

"Del Cecchi" wrote in message

"Capt Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
. earthlink.net...

[...]

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 20:03:47 -0500, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 19:37:44 -0500, "Trainfan1"
wrote:

Capt Frank,

Get on the stick... you have a valid homeowner's claim to file. Don't let
the statute run!

Rob
*

You are missing the point. You can *file* all you want and they will
just say, "No." (Note that this is one of the few things that just
say, "No" works for.) Sure, you can then defend yourself against a
"No" in court if you've got 2 years and *still* want to collect $.30
on the dollar.... or less...

For example..... got an outboard? Pull out your policy and see if
it is covered. I'm betting most of you are covered less than $.30 on
the dollar and if the OB is over about 8 years old you are paying for
insurance that won't cover *anything* on or about the OB....

I can vouch for Gene's research on this one. I discovered my
outboards on both boats weren't covered full replacement value -
something like .40¢ on the dollar if I remember correctly. Needless
to say, that changed for agreed upon value.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------

"To the fisherman born there is nothing
so provoking of curiosity as a fishing rod
in a case."

Roland Pertwee, "The River God" (1928)

NOYB

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Do you have a link to his affiliation with those extremists? I'd like to

email
it back to them...

I'll find the link, but here's the text:

"Billionaires Join Soros to Defeat Bush
George Soros says he would pony up his $7 billion fortune if it could defeat
George Bush this November.

Soros has already donated tens of millions to groups like MoveOn.org and
left-wing "527s" to defeat Bush.

But Soros is not the only billionaire who has a passionate hatred for George
Bush.

MoveOn recently reported that Peter B. Lewis, chairman of Progressive Corp.,
has already given $1.5 million to the group.

Lewis is so anxious to help MoveOn he now promises to match the amount
contributed to MoveOn by any contributor, 50 cents for each dollar donated
up to $20,000. "

NOYB

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Do you have a link to his affiliation with those extremists? I'd like to

email
it back to them...

Here's the link:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...2/222640.shtml

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

[...]

Ahhh. Good for Lewis. And at least it is personal, not business.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Do you have a link to his affiliation with those extremists? I'd like to

email
it back to them...

Here's the link:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...2/222640.shtml

Newsmax...hehehe. The "news sources" whose news "articles" call for the
re-election of Dubya Dummy. What do the Moonies at the Wash Times have
to say?
--
Email sent to is never read.
Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Do you have a link to his affiliation with those extremists? I'd like to

email
it back to them...

Here's the link:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...2/222640.shtml

Here's how Newsmax ends that piece...with an ad for Bush:

Editor's note:
Urgent: President Bush needs your support – Click Here Now and show your
support to your friends and family

Talk about whoring.

--
Email sent to is never read.