Steve Kleinschmit

Default Need Help 2004 Mercury

I took my boat out with my new Mercury 75 HP today, and got too close to a
bank and got some sand sucked in the into the cooling system and now the
water flow is severrly restricted from the "pee hole". How do I clear this
out without having to take it back to the dealer?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Greg

the
water flow is severrly restricted from the "pee hole". How do I clear this

I keep an old piece of throttle cable in the boat for exactly this. You need a
short piece of stiff wire, poke it in the hole and it should clear.
Dan Krueger

I missed the whole text from the original post but I, and several friends, have
drilled the rubber grommet to make it about 1/16" wider. This has greatly
reduced the need for the wire - even though I still keep one taped to the inside
of the cowl. Just make sure you don't drill too deep!

Dan