Default Pushing around my little tender

This is Zodia Zoom 260S, 8'6 LOA, 4'11" beam and weighs 77 lbs.
Certainly not a "sport
boat", but it has a wooden rather than inflatable floor. Just a really
plain tender that I bough last year for about $1,000. I didn't have
money for a motor last year, but I also now have two strong arms. It's
just for me and the wife to putter around in cheaply. Small lakes,
hugging the shore of the Hudson River... maybe Lake Champlain.
The maximum horse power is 4. I'm looking at the 2 hp Honda and the 2.5

hp Yamaha, both 4 strokes. A friend says to grab the Nissan 3.5 hp two
stroke, I'll appreciate the extra power and they won't be able to sell
them next year... is this true? I personally like the Yamaha because it

has a 4.4 ci displacement vs. the Honda's 3.4 ci displacement, 20% more

hp (at least on paper) and only weighs 9 lbs more. Both seem to be
about
$800. The Nissan is about $650. The Tohatsu branded version only about
$600. I'd rather stay away from 2 strokes.
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Don White

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is Zodia Zoom 260S, 8'6 LOA, 4'11" beam and weighs 77 lbs.
Certainly not a "sport
boat", but it has a wooden rather than inflatable floor. Just a really
plain tender that I bough last year for about $1,000. I didn't have
money for a motor last year, but I also now have two strong arms. It's
just for me and the wife to putter around in cheaply. Small lakes,
hugging the shore of the Hudson River... maybe Lake Champlain.
The maximum horse power is 4. I'm looking at the 2 hp Honda and the 2.5
hp Yamaha, both 4 strokes.

snip.........

Before I sold my CL 14 sailboat, I had made my mind up to buy the small
Yamaha 4 stroke.
Who wants the loud racket or stinky smoke smell from a 2 stroke this day &
age.
I have since moved up to a trailerable mini-cruiser type of sailboat and
when the Evinrude Yachtwin 6hp goes, you can bet I'll have the equivalent 4
stroke as a replacement (need the charging system)

Classic Boatworks of Maine

check out the prams
http://www.classicboatworksofmaine.c...nthewater.html
--