Bert Robbins

"John H" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 03:05:25 GMT, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:50:19 -0500, "Bert Robbins"
wrote:

wrote in message
egroups.com...
One major difference between a marine insurance company and a car
insurance company willing to write a policy on a boat is that a boater
can buy a "yacht" policy through a marine insurance company.

Chuck, I can tell that you really don't know anything about USAA and the
services they provide to their members.

Care to enlighten we ignorant few? Their website doesn't mention
boating insurance.... but, ever mindful of a good deal, I'm
interested.

I think Chuck is correct in his assessment that companies regularly
insuring marine concerns have a better understanding and response than
those not doing so.... Personally, I got tired of being dropped by
insurors because my boat was on the East Coast. Every time a major
hurricane hit the East Coast the geographical extent of insurance
cancellations crept North.... wave after wave....

I finally settled on a marine insuror and I no longer have to play the
cat and mouse game by proxy held between Mother Nature and
underwriters that just don't have their heart in marine casualty....

Gene, if you're not an officer in the military, active or retired, forget
it.

They have opened up membership to enlisted also and many years ago they
created a subsidary named CIC that insured the dependents, that's how I got
into the USAA system once reaching the age of majority.

During the time I was enlisted in the USMC I had a military dependents ID
card and my military ID, the red one, and I had an officer's sticker on my
car. It was fun driving into my unit compound for the first couple of
weekends when everyone was saluting the car. They finally caugh on and
ignored me after that. However when I was on ATD down at Cherry Point I was
great to drive with on base because of the good old blue sticker.

~^ beancounter ~^

it you want a great / honest return on your $ in life insurance
products (perm
life ins, that is) check out usaa...they perform consistintly great
returns, over
the years...low fees, solid rates of returns, etc....

JimH

"~^ beancounter ~^" wrote in message
ups.com...
it you want a great / honest return on your $ in life insurance
products (perm
life ins, that is) check out usaa...they perform consistintly great
returns, over
the years...low fees, solid rates of returns, etc....

Why not just buy term? It is cheap.

Whole life insurance is a rip off. You would be better served to invest the
difference (between whole and term).

Why do you need life insurance anyway once the kids are gone, college is
paid for the you are retired. You should have enough cash stashed away to
cover burial/funeral expenses.

That is why term is the answer for the smart investor.

Jeesh...I sound like a fricken life insurance salesman!

John H

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:50:51 -0500, "JimH" wrote:

"~^ beancounter ~^" wrote in message
oups.com...
it you want a great / honest return on your $ in life insurance
products (perm
life ins, that is) check out usaa...they perform consistintly great
returns, over
the years...low fees, solid rates of returns, etc....

Why not just buy term? It is cheap.

Whole life insurance is a rip off. You would be better served to invest the
difference (between whole and term).

Why do you need life insurance anyway once the kids are gone, college is
paid for the you are retired. You should have enough cash stashed away to
cover burial/funeral expenses.

That is why term is the answer for the smart investor.

Jeesh...I sound like a fricken life insurance salesman!

I just stopped my last term insurance policy which was the Veteran's Group Life
Insurance. Once I hit 60, the premiums got ridiculous, and what JimH said is
correct.
--
John H

JimH

"John H" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:50:51 -0500, "JimH" wrote:

"~^ beancounter ~^" wrote in message
roups.com...
it you want a great / honest return on your $ in life insurance
products (perm
life ins, that is) check out usaa...they perform consistintly great
returns, over
the years...low fees, solid rates of returns, etc....

Why not just buy term? It is cheap.

Whole life insurance is a rip off. You would be better served to invest
the
difference (between whole and term).

Why do you need life insurance anyway once the kids are gone, college is
paid for and you are retired. You should have enough cash stashed away to
cover burial/funeral expenses.

That is why term is the answer for the smart investor.

Jeesh...I sound like a fricken life insurance salesman!

I just stopped my last term insurance policy which was the Veteran's Group
Life
Insurance. Once I hit 60, the premiums got ridiculous, and what JimH said
is
correct.
--
John H

Yep.

~^ beancounter ~^

"Why not just buy term? It is cheap.

Whole life insurance is a rip off. You would be better served to
invest the
difference (between whole and term"

your right...term is cheap...and in a lot of cases, it is "just what
the
doctor ordered"...i own term policies...but, in some cases, perm ins
is better...for a number of reasons...(do some research, talk w/a few
financial planners and agents)...it is more expensive...but you own
it..
and no one can take it away...(just like renting a house vs. buying)...

its a long story...and you are right...some perm ins is a rip off...
depending on the co, fees, comissions, and a host of other factors...
including where and how the "cash value" is invested...but, back to
my point about usaa...their fees are low, no comissions, and fast cash
build up...just what you want, if you are building an "insurance cash
machine"... (don't forget, ins is tax free $, that alone, can be a
wonderful thing)......

JimH

[...]

Why use life insurance as an investment tool? No matter who you but whole
life from you can always do better investing the money and purchasing term.

~^ beancounter ~^

"Why use life insurance as an investment tool?"

tax free death benefit....there is a 100% you are
going to die someday, right?