Curtis CCR

Default OT--Sleazy politics...Dems caught TRYING TO EXTEND budget crisis

"NOYB" wrote in message rthlink.net...
So Harry is convinced that Bush is to blame for California's crisis, eh?
Big surprise.

No kidding. Another east coast liberal that doesn't know what the
hell is going on out here. But then again... Harry claims to be
heavily involved in union politics. And since Gray Davis, Cruz
Bustamante, and the other criminals running the state are bought and
paid for by unions - perhaps he knows a lot.

The power crisis and the debt that has come along with it is separate
from the $38 billion dollar budget mess the state is in. The
democrats keep trying to imply that this whole mess is Enron's fault.
Even some republicans buy into it.

The approximate $9 billion dollar energy debt has been covered with
bonds - that's done. Though there may be some recovery available from
some of the power companies (I hope that the publically owned
utilities like LA Water & Power are looked at too - they also ripped
off the state).

The estimated $38 billion deficit the state has right now DOES NOT
INCLUDE THE ENERGY DEBT. The $38 billion is on DAVIS and the
democrats. They've been in control and they won't stop spending money
- even today.

And please don't cry any crocidile tears over how California isn't
getting in services as much as it pays in taxes to the federal
government. Redistributing wealth is the democrats game. Even within
California, the "richest" taxpayers are the targets of demorcat
proposed state income tax hikes - the state isn't giving them any
increased services.

Even if the federal government sent more money to the state, the
legislature and the governor have proven they can't be trusted with
it.

By the way - just so everyone knows what the magnatude of the
Califronia budget deficit is. It is bigger than all of the other
states' deficits COMBINED.

It still doesn't explain why the Dems were caught trying to *prolong* the
crisis.

They got caught because you will always get caught if you keep doing
crap like this long enough.

Hint: it benefits them politically...which makes them low-life scumbags.
Of course, that's something most of us already knew.

Harry Krause

Curtis CCR wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message rthlink.net...
So Harry is convinced that Bush is to blame for California's crisis, eh?
Big surprise.

No kidding. Another east coast liberal that doesn't know what the
hell is going on out here.

Really? About two months ago, I had a long chat with Steve Westly. He
seemed to know what was going on in California, and he told me. Would he
know more than you?

And since Gray Davis, Cruz
Bustamante, and the other criminals running the state are bought and
paid for by unions - perhaps he knows a lot.

Davis was never a favorite of the trade unions, but he was and is better
than the right-wing-extremist Republican alternatives.

The
democrats keep trying to imply that this whole mess is Enron's fault.
Even some republicans buy into it.

Because a lot of the mess is Enron's fault. D'oh.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Calif Bill

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Curtis CCR wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message

rthlink.net...
So Harry is convinced that Bush is to blame for California's crisis,

eh?
Big surprise.

No kidding. Another east coast liberal that doesn't know what the
hell is going on out here.

Really? About two months ago, I had a long chat with Steve Westly. He
seemed to know what was going on in California, and he told me. Would he
know more than you?

The Democrat Controller. The ex-officio member of Calpers who went along
with a 50% raise in pensions. See below.

And since Gray Davis, Cruz
Bustamante, and the other criminals running the state are bought and
paid for by unions - perhaps he knows a lot.

Davis was never a favorite of the trade unions, but he was and is better
than the right-wing-extremist Republican alternatives.

Maybe not a favorite, but he is bought and paid for by the state employee
unions!

The
democrats keep trying to imply that this whole mess is Enron's fault.
Even some republicans buy into it.

Because a lot of the mess is Enron's fault. D'oh.

Actually Los Angeles Power and Light ripped us off more. And the 38 billion
is a hell of a lot more money than the energy ripoff took. Plus add to it
the 24 Billion surplus we had 4 years ago, when Davis took over. The state
retirement dept CalPers says, oh we got all this money and we can raise
retirement payments 50% with out costing the state treasury anything. The
Democrat controlled legislature and the Gov sign off on it. Well, every
economist said it is a short windfall, do not spend. Will cost the
taxpayers $500,000,000 this year. Another prime example. The Governor that
you say is not a favorite of the Union's gave huge raises to the biggest
union contributor to his election: the Prison guards. When they were first
talking about layoffs and cutbacks, he was still proposing more raises for
his Union buddies.

Damn Limousine liberal!