NOYB

Default OT--Syria, Hizbollah, and Lebanon...no big surprise again

Hizbollah Draws Vast Pro-Syrian Crowds in Beirut

43 minutes ago

By Nadim Ladki

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Hundreds of thousands of flag-waving Lebanese flooded
central Beirut Tuesday for a pro-Syrian rally called by Hizbollah.

So Hizbollah supports Syrian occupation of Lebanon? Once again...no big
surprise.

Syria and Iran are the last two countries in the Middle East whose
governments *openly* support international terrorist groups. The time to
deal with them is now.

DSK

NOYB wrote:
So Hizbollah supports Syrian occupation of Lebanon? Once again...no big
surprise.

Syria and Iran are the last two countries in the Middle East whose
governments *openly* support international terrorist groups. The time to
deal with them is now.

The time to deal with Iran was before we ran up a huge debt and
overburdened the Army trying to "deal with" Iraq. And up until last
week, Syria has been very friendly and cooperative towards the Bush
Administration and vice-versa. Sort of like the way we keep cozying up
to Pakistan, which keeps it's own stable of terrorists at the ready.

So now you're agreeing that Bush's attempts to fight a "war on terror"
has largely been ineffective?

DSK

NOYB

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
NOYB wrote:
So Hizbollah supports Syrian occupation of Lebanon? Once again...no big
surprise.

Syria and Iran are the last two countries in the Middle East whose
governments *openly* support international terrorist groups. The time to
deal with them is now.

The time to deal with Iran was before we ran up a huge debt and
overburdened the Army trying to "deal with" Iraq.

We would we have staged from for an attack on Iran?

And up until last week, Syria has been very friendly and cooperative
towards the Bush Administration and vice-versa.

Last week? Horsepoop. You obviously don't read much. Here's a billed
introduced by Congresswoman Barbara Boxer (yep...that's the current
minority leader) and Congressman Rick Santorum, and passed by Congress on
May 1, 2003:

http://www.theorator.com/bills108/s982.html

Here's an excerpt:
" To halt Syrian support for terrorism, end its occupation of Lebanon, stop
its development of weapons of mass destruction, cease its illegal
importation of Iraqi oil, and hold Syria accountable for its role in the
Middle East, and for other purposes. "

Wow! You mean to tell me that all this happened almost two years ago? But
I thought you just said that Syria was being friendly and cooperative
towards the Bush administration? Then why the need to introduce an
"Accountability Bill" in regards to Syria?

Don't you feel stupid now, Dougie?

Sort of like the way we keep cozying up to Pakistan, which keeps it's own
stable of terrorists at the ready.

We're cozying up to Pakistan because: a) Musharraf is also at war with the
radical fundamentalists in his country, and b) the country has nukes, which
could end up in the hands of those fundamentalists.

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
Hizbollah Draws Vast Pro-Syrian Crowds in Beirut

43 minutes ago

By Nadim Ladki

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Hundreds of thousands of flag-waving Lebanese flooded
central Beirut Tuesday for a pro-Syrian rally called by Hizbollah.

Hundreds of thousands?
Hehehe.

That would have been a good time to bomb downtown Beirut. Once again,
ill-conceived diplomacy will cost American lives down the road.

thunder

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:34:11 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

NOYB wrote:
Hizbollah Draws Vast Pro-Syrian Crowds in Beirut

43 minutes ago

By Nadim Ladki

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Hundreds of thousands of flag-waving Lebanese flooded
central Beirut Tuesday for a pro-Syrian rally called by Hizbollah.

Hundreds of thousands?
Hehehe.

The Guardian has it as 500,000. Rather impressive considering Lebanon has
a population of under 4 million.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...849731,00.html

NOYB wrote:

That would have been a good time to bomb downtown Beirut. Once

again,
ill-conceived diplomacy will cost American lives down the road.

Boy, that's broad minded........

NOYB

wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:

That would have been a good time to bomb downtown Beirut. Once

again,
ill-conceived diplomacy will cost American lives down the road.

Boy, that's broad minded........

Can you think of a more effective way to surgically remove from the face of
the Earth 100,000 anti-US terrorists?

NOYB

NOYB wrote:
Hizbollah Draws Vast Pro-Syrian Crowds in Beirut

43 minutes ago

By Nadim Ladki

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Hundreds of thousands of flag-waving Lebanese flooded
central Beirut Tuesday for a pro-Syrian rally called by Hizbollah.

Hundreds of thousands?
Hehehe.

The Guardian has it as 500,000. Rather impressive considering Lebanon has
a population of under 4 million.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...849731,00.html

The event was organized by Hizbollah. What's really sad is that almost 15%
of that country openly supports an organization that uses suicide bombers to
target non-Muslims.

NOYB

NOYB wrote:

Hizbollah Draws Vast Pro-Syrian Crowds in Beirut

43 minutes ago

By Nadim Ladki

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Hundreds of thousands of flag-waving Lebanese
flooded
central Beirut Tuesday for a pro-Syrian rally called by Hizbollah.

Hundreds of thousands?
Hehehe.

The Guardian has it as 500,000. Rather impressive considering Lebanon
has
a population of under 4 million.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...849731,00.html

The event was organized by Hizbollah. What's really sad is that almost
15% of that country openly supports an organization that uses suicide
bombers to target non-Muslims.

The percentage may be higher than that. There may well be hundreds of
thousands or more of Lebanese who simply didn't get to Beirut for the
demonstration.

There are millions of Iraqis who want us out of their country. If they
weren't afraid of being shot by US troops, they'd probably demonstrate,
too.

Well then I could argue that the same applies to the millions of Lebanese
who didn't protest the Syrian military's occupation for fear that they'd be
killed. The silent majority.

DSK

And up until last week, Syria has been very friendly and cooperative
towards the Bush Administration and vice-versa.

NOYB wrote:
Last week? Horsepoop.

Nope, that's the truth. Bush & Cheney can be very cozy with terrorist
supporting states such as Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, when it suits their
own purposes.

And unfortunately, that's the truth.

... You obviously don't read much.

Nope, actually I read a fair amount... of course, I don't put much stock
in carefully selected & edited & spun versions of anybody's political
tub-thumping, whereas you swallow every bit of that you can.

DSK