Doug Kanter

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 03:51:06 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Since you believe religious zealots should not influence politics in the
Middle East, do you also believe they should NOT do the same here?

===============================

Especially here.

Cripes....at least SOMEBODY is awake here. Have a beer, Wayne.

Wayne.B

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:18:05 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:
Since you believe religious zealots should not influence politics in the
Middle East, do you also believe they should NOT do the same here?

===============================

Especially here.

Cripes....at least SOMEBODY is awake here. Have a beer, Wayne.

======================================

Thanks. I'd be willing to ceded the entire middle east to religious
zealots of all stripes if they'd promise to stay there and leave the
oil supply alone (for the boat of course). :-)

Calif Bill

wrote:

Since you believe religious zealots should not influence politics in

the
Middle East, do you also believe they should NOT do the same here?

===============================

Especially here.

Cripes....at least SOMEBODY is awake here. Have a beer, Wayne.

======================================

Thanks. I'd be willing to ceded the entire middle east to religious
zealots of all stripes if they'd promise to stay there and leave the
oil supply alone (for the boat of course). :-)

Hmm. Could we get ours to go there, Wayne?

Your Jewish relatives may all have to leave, Harry. They seem to be very
big in influencing US policy in regards to Israel.

Calif Bill

wrote:

Since you believe religious zealots should not influence politics in

the

Middle East, do you also believe they should NOT do the same here?

===============================

Especially here.

Cripes....at least SOMEBODY is awake here. Have a beer, Wayne.

======================================

Thanks. I'd be willing to ceded the entire middle east to religious
zealots of all stripes if they'd promise to stay there and leave the
oil supply alone (for the boat of course). :-)

Hmm. Could we get ours to go there, Wayne?

Your Jewish relatives may all have to leave, Harry. They seem to be

very
big in influencing US policy in regards to Israel.

My Jewish relatives? Hmmm. I don't recall discussing or even mentioning
my personal religious preferences here. Perhaps you might enlighten us.

you most likely have Jewish relatives, since your name is Krause. My sister
in law is Jewish, and I am Irish / Norwegian background.

John H

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 03:51:06 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
news

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Calif Bill" wrote in
message

ink.net...
Harrythenut does not want to admit he lost the election,
and
it
is
everyone
else in the country that is wrong.

Does your comment somehow negate the fact that there are
millions
of
loonies
walking around who actually believe this rapture nonsense,
and
are
willing
to manipulate politics here and overseas to fit their
hallucinations?

Does your comment somehow negate the fact that there are
millions
of
loonies walking around who actually believe the President

Bush
is
not
the
President, as they did not vote for him? That there are
millions
of
loonies
walking around who actually believe the Sen. Kerry would be
competant?

That has nothing to do with the original subject of this

thread.

Makes as much sense as you stating there are 65 mm loonies
waiting
the
rapture.

Simple, for you:

The
Number
Doesn't
Matter

Oh, now it does not matter?

1) Nobody can accurately determine the number.
2) If there were just eleven, but they had the president's ear,

they'd
be
dangerous.
3) You know there are millions. The proof? Nobody buys television

time
address a tiny audience. Turn on your TV on Sunday morning.

Now it is probably millions? Get your facts somewhat straight
before
posting, and people may pay attention to you.

Is this really the best you can do? Fixate on a number which nobody
can
accurately determine?

Is this really the best you can do? Throw out a huge number and then

say
well, the real number does not count?

Read slowly: I did not pick the number, nor did I claim it was accurate.
can only come to the same conclusion which you will agree with

(internally),
but deny (publicly) because it's convenient.

No, you stated the number as fact. You can not back up your facts, so
your
argument is a fallacy.

No. The OP posted a story which claimed the number to be fact. The author
certainly estimated, and probably on the high side. But, that doesn't
matter. Let's try this again, and for the last time.

Since you believe religious zealots should not influence politics in the
Middle East, do you also believe they should NOT do the same here?

Yes.

You are now asking a simple question. Earlier you were trying to imply that some
ridiculous story you heard was true. There is a big difference.

John H

Doug Kanter

"John H" wrote in message

No. The OP posted a story which claimed the number to be fact. The author
certainly estimated, and probably on the high side. But, that doesn't
matter. Let's try this again, and for the last time.

Since you believe religious zealots should not influence politics in the
Middle East, do you also believe they should NOT do the same here?

Yes.

Good. Write to your president. Better yet, scream at your legislators. Your
president wouldn't understand anyway.

You are now asking a simple question. Earlier you were trying to imply
that some
ridiculous story you heard was true. There is a big difference.

The number mentioned in the story cannot be proved. The existence of large
numbers of such maniacs is clear, however.

Doug Kanter

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

My Jewish relatives? Hmmm. I don't recall discussing or even mentioning
my personal religious preferences here. Perhaps you might enlighten us.

you most likely have Jewish relatives, since your name is Krause. My
sister
in law is Jewish, and I am Irish / Norwegian background.

This is your scientific approach? You should get yourself a job as a WMD
hunter for the Bush Administration.

Eddie "Moose" Krause wasn't Jewish. Of course, his real last name wss
Krauciunas. I don't believe the name "Krause" is anything more than a
German-origin last name.

My paternal grandfather's "real" last name wasn't Krause, either. He and
his brother got that name from an immigration agent when they landed on
Ellis Island. Though they were Russians, they were on board a ship that
began its journey in Germany. When my grandfather and great uncle arrived
here, the agent said their name was too long and too difficult to
pronounce, so he gave them the name of the guy in front of them.

That's what my grandfather told me. And I did see some paperwork from "the
old country" with his "real" name on it.

During the late 1930s, my father and his brother spent a bit of time
investigating whether they wanted to change the family name back to what
it was. But by then both of them were working for my great uncle at his
stores, and though that operation had an entirely different trade name, it
was known as "the Krause family business," so they kept the name.

That's what my dad and uncle told me many years later. They were born in
the Philadelphia area.

My mother's father was born in some awful little town on the German-Polish
border, and the "ownership" of that town changed hands between those two
countries many times. His family name was solidly German, but because of
geography, he spoke German and Polish fluently, and a half-dozen other
European languages, too.

My mother was born in Boston.

I don't consider myself a hyphenated American. If pressed, I'd say I'm a
Tankee, because I was born in New England and was reared and educated
there, for the most part. My wife is a southern belle, and has that soft
southern accent to prove it.

Harry: Based on Bill's logic, and the information you've provided here, it's
safe to conclude that there's between 32 and 34 pounds of air in my tires.

Are these your kind of people? Do you on the right agree
with this way of thinking? Sam

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/forum...showtopic=2453

Proof that kooks exist and call themselves Christians.

John H

Here's a short list of the people quoted:
Goerge W. Bush
Pat Robertson
Rev Jerry Falwell
Dr. Laura Schlessinger
Supreme Court Judge William Reinquist
Ralph Reed
Ann Coulter
Cal Thomas
Sen. Kay O'Conner
John Ashcroft
Sen. James Inhofe
Gen. William Boykin
Rush Limbaugh
Gov. Jeb Bush
I'm thinking you didn't read the forum if you are saying these people
are kooks. Sam

"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are
putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
Mark Twain