riverman

Default Thought this was appropriate

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._umedia/latest

--riverman

If the link advances, look for the cartoon on Feb 22.

riverman wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._umedia/latest

--riverman

If the link advances, look for the cartoon on Feb 22.

Recent survey on whether people viewed Bush as an Uniter or a Divider:
Results came in 48% thought he was a Uniter and 48% thought he was a
Divider. That about sums it up.

Riverman -

The Year(s) of Living Dangerously are coming to a close. For all the
good that your works accomplish, it does create a fair amount of
anxiety for those of us in the concerned observer camp. Soon we will
be able to breathe a collective sigh of relief.

RailTramp

---

Blakely LaCroix
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
RBP Clique member #86

The best adventure is yet to come!

Wolfgang

wrote in message
ups.com...

Recent survey on whether people viewed Bush as an Uniter or a

Divider:
Results came in 48% thought he was a Uniter and 48% thought he was a
Divider.

Hm......

That about sums it up.

Not quite. Based on the above numbers, one is forced to conclude that
opinions on the matter are divided. That sort of tips the balance,
ainna?

Wolfgang
who is sure you will agree.

Noone

The reply was in reference to the cartoon which did not show a third
group.

From a political point of view, the minority undecided group can
certainly tip the scales.

Wolfgang wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...

Recent survey on whether people viewed Bush as an Uniter or a

Divider:
Results came in 48% thought he was a Uniter and 48% thought he was a
Divider.

Hm......

That about sums it up.

Not quite. Based on the above numbers, one is forced to conclude that
opinions on the matter are divided. That sort of tips the balance,
ainna?

Wolfgang
who is sure you will agree.

Wolfgang

"Noone" wrote in message
The reply was in reference to the cartoon which did not show a third
group.

From a political point of view, the minority undecided group can
certainly tip the scales.

It is always possible in these exchanges for someone to miss someone
else's point. Since no one responded to mine, I suppose we will have
to look elsewhere for an example.

Wolfgang
um......speaking to whom it may concern......i guess.

riverman

wrote in message
ups.com...
Riverman -

The Year(s) of Living Dangerously are coming to a close. For all the
good that your works accomplish, it does create a fair amount of
anxiety for those of us in the concerned observer camp. Soon we will
be able to breathe a collective sigh of relief.

RailTramp

Thanks, rt. In reality, its been like a Canyon trip: there were only a few
moments of actual danger, lots of hours of percieved danger, and a whole lot
of hype. One real dangerous time was when we were being held up at gunpoint
by the army, the other was during the coup attempt (the first, real one)
when there was open warfare about 50 meters away at 2AM. All the rest of the
time has been a mixture of seeing life 'over the edge', a slow building of
personal walls combined with a growing dissatisfaction with the direction
the country has chosen to go, and a serious avoidance of anybody with guns
and a grudge.

I'm ready to go, mostly because I can. I know a lot of people who would
never leave here, either by lack of choice, or by cutthroat entrepreneurial
motivation. With the UN and the NGOs in town, this place is a rocking wild
west town right about now, and a lot of fortunes are being made.

I worry that I won't have so much to say about Hong Kong that will interest
anyone! :-)

--riverman

Tinkerntom

riverman wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

I'm glad to hear that you were not caught in the cross fire, and though
not as exciting, I am sure you will keep us regaled. Just don't drink
the water! TnT

Wolfgang

"riverman" wrote in message

...there were only a few moments of actual danger, lots of hours of
percieved danger, and a whole lot of hype. One real dangerous time was
when we were being held up at gunpoint by the army, the other was during
the coup attempt (the first, real one) when there was open warfare about
50 meters away at 2AM....

Oh, is THAT all?

You should come to the convent on a Saturday night sometime.

Wolfgang
who is still searching for a new community.

Thought you said Yahama Joe ASA 1 March 15th 04 10:57 PM
Why are mental litewaits incapable of conceptual thought? JAXAshby ASA 10 March 3rd 04 09:46 AM
Lady Pilot is more attractive than I thought. Simple Simon ASA 3 November 15th 03 03:34 AM
Just when you thought it was safe . . .. Michael ASA 6 June 27th 03 06:08 PM