DSK

Gary wrote:
Hunter S. is a voice we could surely use right now. So sad for
all of us that he's gone. But we won't let those rat *******s
close in on us!

Too late.

Tim wrote:
I'm not sad he's gone. If you look at his history of life and writing,
Hunter was basicly echoing the same chords of Timothy Leary, that
nothing matters, and everything in life is a joke...party on!

???

You're completely and totally wrong. Not only did Hunter S. Thompson
have *nothing* in common with Leary's public statements, neither person
ever gave the message "that nothing matters, and everything in life is a
joke...party on!"

About the only thing the two men had in common was public admission of
recreational drug use. I suppose that's close enough, if you're a moron
and/or really have a deep emotional need to hate everybody you disagree
with.

DSK

Tim

You're completely and totally wrong. Not only did Hunter S. Thompson
have *nothing* in common with Leary's public statements

sure they did....

and both were acid freaks

Tim

I suppose that's close enough, if you're a moron
and/or really have a deep emotional need to hate everybody you disagree

with.

Pardon me....

It almost looks like you are disagreeing with me and calling me a
"moron" right in accordance with your own words there....

hmmmmm

No I don't "hate" (man! tat sounds bigoted...LOL!) Thompson. I have
no need to.

I'm just amazed at how people wish to immortalize him as if he was some
type of political sage....

DSK

Tim wrote:
No I don't "hate" (man! tat sounds bigoted...LOL!) Thompson. I have
no need to.

In that case, why do you attribute to him evil saying that he didn't say?

I'm just amazed at how people wish to immortalize him as if he was some
type of political sage....

Now I agree with you there. He was not a sage. Just a writer with
unusual perceptions and the ability to communicate them. IMHO Hunter
Thompson was kind of a sad sack, although I thought his writing was
often pretty funny.

DSK

Tim

In that case, why do you attribute to him evil saying that he didn't
say?

did you see anything in my text about "hate"?

Nah, I didn't think so.

don't be so defensive.

DSK

Tim wrote:
did you see anything in my text about "hate"?

Sure. It's pretty obvious that you don't know much about HS Thompson,
never read much of his writing, and yet because you disagree with what
you think he said, you have to try and attribute bad things to him.

It's a perfect example of the 'fear & loathing' principle in action...
and this is something that Thompson *did* actually write about.

Nah, I didn't think so.

don't be so defensive.

I'm defensive?? I'm just trying to clear up a bit of confusion on your
part... not that I expect any thanks...

DSK

Tim

not that I expect any thanks...

DSK

Oh, I do appreciate that you are trying to "educate" me.

What marvels me about this dialogue is that if I happen to "Disagree"
with a person, organization, religion, or what have you...I'm branded
as being a "HATER" and/or guilty (by some thought) of a sort of "hate
crime"

hmmmm,]

maybe I should pay more attention in sensetivity training class.

Tim

, and yet because you disagree with what
you think he said, you have to try and attribute bad things to him.

Wow D.

I thank God, that you didn't call me a "bigot" LOL!

DSK

Tim wrote:
What marvels me about this dialogue is that if I happen to "Disagree"
with a person, organization, religion, or what have you...I'm branded
as being a "HATER" and/or guilty (by some thought) of a sort of "hate
crime"

hmmmm,]

maybe I should pay more attention in sensetivity training class.

Or maybe you should just plain pay attention

When you say bad things about people, then you should be able to justify
those accusations.

When you say FALSE bad things about people, and blame them for things
they didn't do, then it's very likely that 1- you've been lied to and/or
2- you're deliberately lying to achieve some goal and/or 3- you strongly
dislike those people.

It is an entirely different thing from "disagreement."

Do you understand?

DSK

DSK

WaIIy wrote:
Quote of the week.................

" 'I always knew that Hunter was going to die before me,' Anita
Thompson, 32, said of her 67-year-old husband."--Rocky Mountain News,
Feb. 25

Any pics of her?

DSK