Default Help! need miniature float switch for bilge pump?

Help me out here! My sailboat has a very shallow bilge, such that with
the ordinary Rule bilge pump that sits in it, there is always lots of
water left. But there is also a small deep pocket (just a few inches
wide) that is too small to get a bilge pump into. I plan to install a
self-priming pump remotely and lead a hose into this little bilge
pocket, but I still have the problem of the switch. I can't find a
float switch small enough to fit into this pocket and leave room for a
hose reaching to the bottom.

The air bell on the jabso Hydro Air Switch is bigger than what I'm
hoping to find.

If you know of a very small float switch, or conductivity switch, or
other approriate switch that would be appropriate please let me know.

JR North

You can just use the pocket for the pump hose, and manually pump out the
remainder of the water using the manual pump switch.
JR

wrote:

Help me out here! My sailboat has a very shallow bilge, such that with
the ordinary Rule bilge pump that sits in it, there is always lots of
water left. But there is also a small deep pocket (just a few inches
wide) that is too small to get a bilge pump into. I plan to install a
self-priming pump remotely and lead a hose into this little bilge
pocket, but I still have the problem of the switch. I can't find a
float switch small enough to fit into this pocket and leave room for a
hose reaching to the bottom.

The air bell on the jabso Hydro Air Switch is bigger than what I'm
hoping to find.

If you know of a very small float switch, or conductivity switch, or
other approriate switch that would be appropriate please let me know.

Home Page:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth
Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Bilge Pump Switch LaBomba182 Cruising 0 October 31st 03 04:25 PM
Bilge pump switch - again L. M. Rappaport Cruising 3 October 30th 03 08:12 PM
Bilge pump switch - again David Flew Boat Building 0 October 29th 03 08:06 AM
Bilge Pump Switch Ron Thornton Boat Building 5 October 25th 03 11:07 AM
Bilge Pump Switch dboyd Electronics 0 October 22nd 03 03:06 AM