DSK

Default A couple of newbie questions

JAXAshby wrote:

try Dave Gerr, for power required. He makes some dumb comments regarding theory
but his formulae are "close enough" to be more than useful for specific power

In other words, JAX has no clue how to figure out power/disp/speed demand curves,
but has looked at the pictures in Dave Gerr's book.

btw, Bob Perry publicalycalled me "an asshole" (his words, several times)

Let me congratulate him on his perspicacity.

for
pointing out that a sine function does not EXPLODE at zero degrees (in fact it
does nothing at all at zero degrees), which of course means that tens of
millions of people across the country are -- by Bob's definition -- "assholes"
for knowing from sine functions.

Well, since you don't know a sine function from an asymptote (BTW are you sure Bob
Perry didn't call you an "asymptote'?), you are on pretty safe grounds there. But
what does all this gibberish have to do with hull speed?

DSK

JAXAshby

BTW are you sure Bob
Perry didn't call you an "asymptote'?

I can't imagine Perry would have a clew what the word meant.

But
what does all this gibberish have to do with hull speed?

DSK

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, dougies, if you gotta ask there seems no likelihood you
would understand the answer. You see, you have read the answer earlier in this
thread and you didn't even recognize it.
DSK

JAXAshby wrote:
I can't imagine Perry would have a clew what the word meant.

So, you don't know what it means either?

Actually, it has far more to do with hull speed than any "sine function."

But
what does all this gibberish have to do with hull speed?

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, dougies, if you gotta ask there seems no likelihood you
would understand the answer. You see, you have read the answer earlier in this
thread and you didn't even recognize it.

In other words, you still don't know.

Same old Jaxxie, same old BS. Some things never change.

DSK

JAXAshby

So, you don't know what it means either?

it has no meaning in this context, though some semblence of meaning comes about
at higher orders of magnitude of hull speeds, say at 10,000x to 100,000x, or
1,000,000x hull speed.

Actually, it has far more to do with hull speed than any "sine function."

bull****, and your saying so clearly shows you don't understand the question.

In other words, you still don't know.

I said it before, and I'll say it again for you dougies, the sine function
quoted in the "theory" of hull speed does not EXPLODE at zero. In fact, it
does virtually nothing at all at hull speed, and even if true (which it isn't)
at 2x hull speed is just accounts for a 40% increase in hp required, while drag
accounts for an 800% increase in hp required.

I am sorry, dougies, if this confuses you so.

DSK

JAXAshby wrote:

I said it before, and I'll say it again for you dougies, the sine function
quoted in the "theory" of hull speed does not EXPLODE at zero. In fact, it
does virtually nothing at all at hull speed, and even if true (which it isn't)
at 2x hull speed is just accounts for a 40% increase in hp required, while drag
accounts for an 800% increase in hp required.

I am sorry, dougies, if this confuses you so.

It doesn't confuse me at all. But it's not as funny as I'd hoped.

Tell me, does this "sine function" quoted in the "theory" of hull speed have
anything to do with the concept that the hull makes waves and the "sine function"
also has something to do with waves?

As for the asymptote, the usually quoted hull speed is in fact an asymptote of the
combined resistance graphed against speed of a given hull. It has a lot more to do
with the "theory" of hull speed than any sine function.

But you don't want facts, do you Jax? They seem to make you uncomfortable.

DSK

JAXAshby

Tell me, does this "sine function" quoted in the "theory" of hull speed have
anything to do with the concept that the hull makes waves and the "sine
function"
also has something to do with waves?

not at hull speed, it doesn't.

the following is bull ****!! (two words), for among other things dougies
doesn't know what the word means and there is in fact no (none, zero, zip,
nada) asymptote at hull speed (there *is* at infinite boat speed, but that is
not usually a consideration)

As for the asymptote, the usually quoted hull speed is in fact an asymptote
of the
combined resistance graphed against speed of a given hull. It has a lot more
to do
with the "theory" of hull speed than any sine function.

But you don't want facts, do you Jax? They seem to make you uncomfortable.

DSK

John H

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:33:55 GMT, Joe Parsons
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 05:11:56 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Joe Parsons wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:00:56 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Joe Parsons wrote:

Evidently, you are content to accept that screed of personal attacks from that
anonymous person as being somehow factual.

As opposed to your personal attacks on me?

You mean, my scurrilous, unconscionable opinion that I expressed *once*
recently, where I observed that you are often "flagrantly rude" in rec.boats?
If you call that sort of observation a "personal attack," Mr. Krause, well,
maybe Usenet is just too harsh an environment for you.

I believe this is the second or third time we're reading this screed of
yours, and there have been others.

Tell you what: why don't you quote them? Or, failing that, admit that you
are...wrong.

That would require looking them up. You're not worth the bother.

No...you could simply admit that you are (listen carefully, now) "wrong."

I know that's not going to happen, though.

What a sad, sad little man you must be.

Joe Parsons

Would you like to rebut my statement?

You're not worth the effort.

You are boring me, Joe. Move on. I am.

In other words, "You've nailed me, but I just can't admit it." Most
typical. He's very ignorable, Joe.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
DSK

JAXAshby wrote:

the following is bull ****!! (two words), for among other things dougies
doesn't know what the word means and there is in fact no (none, zero, zip,
nada) asymptote at hull speed (there *is* at infinite boat speed, but that is
not usually a consideration)

Now that *was* funny, Jax. Thank you.

DSK

Florida Keyz

Grow up! Sheesh!
Florida Keyz

Somebody farted in the group again,, opps, Jax is back!

Off the wall head questions chuck h General 8 December 13th 03 01:06 PM
Newbie 24ft cruiser questions? whenindoubt General 12 October 4th 03 02:27 PM
2 newbie questions... A.C. General 3 September 6th 03 08:46 AM
Newbie to '76 Mercruiser 3.0L. A few Questions. --== Dave ==-- General 0 July 20th 03 06:51 AM
Depth Finder - Two questions Gary Warner General 3 July 8th 03 12:01 AM