Craig Violette

Default Oblong Snap Link

I am looking for Oblong Snap Links. These about approximately 50mm long
and 25 mm wide. They look just like a quick link but funciton like a
snap link. I have searched throught my area for these but I cannot seem
to find them. Would anyone in this group know where I could get some of
these?

Thanks!

John

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:16:24 -0500, "Craig Violette"
wrote:

I am looking for Oblong Snap Links. These about approximately 50mm long
and 25 mm wide. They look just like a quick link but funciton like a
snap link. I have searched throught my area for these but I cannot seem
to find them. Would anyone in this group know where I could get some of
these?

Thanks!

LL Bean?

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Harry Krause

wrote:

I am looking for Oblong Snap Links. These about approximately 50mm long
and 25 mm wide. They look just like a quick link but funciton like a
snap link. I have searched throught my area for these but I cannot seem
to find them. Would anyone in this group know where I could get some of
these?

Thanks!

You can get those at a climbing supply store. I recommend Gander
Mountain, but I have an agenda, I am the majority share holder for
that company.

RichG

Will these do?

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

wrote:

I am looking for Oblong Snap Links. These about approximately 50mm
long
and 25 mm wide. They look just like a quick link but funciton like a
snap link. I have searched throught my area for these but I cannot
seem
to find them. Would anyone in this group know where I could get some
of
these?

Thanks!

You can get those at a climbing supply store. I recommend Gander
Mountain, but I have an agenda, I am the majority share holder for
that company.

JR Gilbreath

I'm not sure if these are what you are talking about but try
the Petzl carabiner at
www.rescueresponse.com.
Good Luck
JR

wrote:

I am looking for Oblong Snap Links. These about approximately 50mm long
and 25 mm wide. They look just like a quick link but funciton like a
snap link. I have searched throught my area for these but I cannot seem
to find them. Would anyone in this group know where I could get some of
these?

Thanks!

You can get those at a climbing supply store. I recommend Gander
Mountain, but I have an agenda, I am the majority share holder for
that company.

LD

If you want the high quality carabiner (for mountain climbing and good for
up to 6000#) REI is a good store. They run $12 to $20.00ea. The cheap, non
rated, zinc plated steel are usually available at Ace hdw or a farmers co-op
store, near where they sell chain. I use a carabiner to clip two sections
of anchor rope together (even though it plainly states on the item "for
climbing and mountaineering use only". It also states the strengths--24 KN
in the long direction closed and 7 while open. One kilo newton = 224.8lbs).
LD