Bob

Default Maxum 2400 SE

Can anyone give me opinions on this boat? Are there any good
alternatives that are cheaper/better? I went to a boat show and I
didn't see too many boats. I saw bayliner but it had less features for
higher price. They want 46k for this boat. Is that the realistic?

Also where should I go for boat reviews
Gould 0738

You'll liekly lose at least 1/3 of your "investment" in the first year if you
lay out $46k for a 24-foot Maxum.

Example:

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...sp?currency=US
D&units=Feet&currencyid=100&slim=quick&boat_id=114 9743&units=Feet&currency
=USD&access=Public&listing_id=58309&url=

(If I wanted to buy the boat in the listing I just linked, I'd start with an
offer of about
$25k)

Also where should I go for boat reviews

There's Maxum owner's group:
www.maxumowners.org

That will give you some "first hand" information from actual owners. Far more
valuable than a boat review when you're thinking of putting out real dough.

Bill Kiene

Hi Bob,

Here are my feeling on this matter. I don't know if they are any good?

A large new gasoline (eek!) powered boat that is not really designed for
anything but taking your family and friends for a ride will be worth almost
nothing in 10 years not to mention the rent/storage and service.

Actually some of us (not me) have so much money that it really does not
matter what we do with it.

I would look at a 5 to 10 year old diesel powered top brand name boat for
that $50,000 you want to invest.

I would also spend about a year talking to people about boats and going to
boat shows to get educated.

Many of my friends finally got to where they could afford a big toy so they
bought a boat as you described and took it out a few times then let it sit
around for years and finally gave it away.

I don't think most of us have the time to really use a boat much.

I guess there are boat people and then there are people that think being a
boat person would be fun?

Don't ask me what I am because I don't know. I just love boats.

--
Bill Kiene -not a boat expert

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA