Bob

Default Maxum 2400 SE

What are the top brand names?

Bill Kiene wrote:
Hi Bob,

Here are my feeling on this matter. I don't know if they are any good?

A large new gasoline (eek!) powered boat that is not really designed for
anything but taking your family and friends for a ride will be worth almost
nothing in 10 years not to mention the rent/storage and service.

Actually some of us (not me) have so much money that it really does not
matter what we do with it.

I would look at a 5 to 10 year old diesel powered top brand name boat for
that $50,000 you want to invest.

I would also spend about a year talking to people about boats and going to
boat shows to get educated.

Many of my friends finally got to where they could afford a big toy so they
bought a boat as you described and took it out a few times then let it sit
around for years and finally gave it away.

I don't think most of us have the time to really use a boat much.

I guess there are boat people and then there are people that think being a
boat person would be fun?

Don't ask me what I am because I don't know. I just love boats.