Chris Newport

Default Ellen Round the Horn

Ellen has rounded Cape Horn and smashed another record.
http://www.teamellen.com/

--
My real address is crn (at) netunix (dot) com
WARNING all messages containing attachments or html will be silently

Frogger

Goodness, I'm humble to think, what that girl achieves. Well done, Ms
Macarthur there are too few genuine heroes in the world.
Jim Carter

"Chris Newport" wrote in message

Ellen has rounded Cape Horn and smashed another record.
http://www.teamellen.com/

WOW, what an accomplishment! If this woman continues on the way she has,
she will set a record that should stand for a long time. She is simply
marvelous!

Jim Carter
"The Boat"
Bayfield

She only needs 250 miles per day to finish before February 9. If she
achieved over 300 VMG rounding Cape Horn, it would seem that her
chances from here on are favorable. Good thing it's summer down there.
:-)

Wayne.B

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:35:13 +1100, "K. Smith"
wrote:

it's an Aussie boat

=======================

Upside down ??

Aren't they the ones that break in half when you tighten the backstay
a little too much?

K. Smith

Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:35:13 +1100, "K. Smith"
wrote:

it's an Aussie boat

=======================

Upside down ??

Aren't they the ones that break in half when you tighten the backstay
a little too much?

Yep that's us:-) Sorry about that 86; you still haven't got the ol' mug
back yet & to everyones' chagrin the bloody landlocked Swiss now have it!!!!

Wayne.B

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:52:40 +1100, "K. Smith"
wrote:

you still haven't got the ol' mug
back yet & to everyones' chagrin the bloody landlocked Swiss now have it!!!!

Scuttlebut among the NYYC members that I know is that they were glad
to lose it to someone. It was costing them entirely too much money to
defend every 4 years. When they were racing in Newport, RI however it
was practically in our cruising backyard and we could take in the
racing once in awhile. Unfortunately the front stairway at the NYYC
looks a little empty without the cup there.

hot horn or heat sensor mike UK Power Boats 0 June 8th 04 08:35 PM
Question on replacing a horn Ree-Yees General 10 May 20th 04 04:37 AM
Air Horn James MacPhie Cruising 6 December 10th 03 06:10 PM
Awesome photos of Cape Horn (from on top) and the Beagle Channel William K. Spence, Ph.D. ASA 10 August 16th 03 01:11 AM