Chris Newport

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 5:15 pm in rec.boats wrote:

She only needs 250 miles per day to finish before February 9. If she
achieved over 300 VMG rounding Cape Horn, it would seem that her
chances from here on are favorable. Good thing it's summer down there.
:-)

Assuming that the boat holds together after the beating it
has taken, and assuming the the doldrums are kind to her.

Having once been becalmed in the doldrums for 15 days I can only
hope that she finds some good winds in the equatorial
convergence zone. Sitting in the middle of an ocean, stinking
hot in a dead calm on the equater is not fun.

--
My real address is crn (at) netunix (dot) com
WARNING all messages containing attachments or html will be silently