JohnH

On 31 Dec 2004 17:39:42 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 31 Dec 2004 09:20:32 -0800,
wrote:

Ok, the snow has melted a little, and the lowerunit IS starting to
sink into the groung, just the little fin on the verry bottom. i

dont
know how much pressure this is putting on the lowerunit but it cant

be
good!! I cant tell if the stering is going to turn ok.

Dig a hole under the lower unit. Put a plastic bucket in the hole so
it won't fill back up with dirt.

i dont think he will like me digin in his yard.

What difference does it make if you dig a hole or the lower unit sinks
into the ground. Either way he has a hole in his dirt!
He has taken the plug out of it, and has cranked the toung of the
trailler up so the melting snow (and summer rain) is running out of

it.

Not a bad idea.

The mold on the vinel seems like it will clean off without to much
hard work.
and i took off the gas cap, and to my surprise IT SMELED LIKE GAS!!

Why not try to start it now. If it starts, fill the tank with gas.

Put
some stabilizer in there also.

Its the middle of winter here, if I start it, it will have to be
rewinterized. my nabor will not do that.

If he 'winterized' it, then he probably filled the tank with gas and
put a stabilizer in it. If he didn't do that, then I would question
whatever winterization he did.

i thought for sure it would be rotton. i think what im going to do,

is
stick something in and get a little gas on it, and see if it will

burn.
if it dose, hell it might run.

Please say you're joking here.

no, im not joking. whats wrong with what i said? If the fuel will burn
on a stick or somthing, it will burn in the motor.

Are you implying that anything that burns on a stick will burn in the
engine?

Buy a book on boating.

wich one do you recomend?

See CaptMP's post.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

Aside from the condition of the motor you should look for rot in the
transom and stringer/deck system. Any problems there might cost more to
have fixed than you pay for the boat. Walk around inside and check for
soft spots in the deck. Remove any deck access plates and use a mirror
and flashlight to see what you can under the deck. A built in gas tank
might be a problem after 15+ years, look for gas in the bilge or the
smell of gas under the deck. BTW, diesel, kerosene or bad gasoline will
burn on a stick but it won't run a gas engine. Tap around with your
knuckles or a wrench or something on the transom and deck, solid will
sound solid, soft(rot) will sound different.

Boots

I sure hope you find a different sport as we do not need the
likes of you on the water. Have a good new year if you live
that long
"JohnH" wrote in message
On 31 Dec 2004 17:39:42 -0800,
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 31 Dec 2004 09:20:32 -0800,

wrote:

[...]

boots, shut the hell up. iv read some of your other posts, and you are
nothing but an asshole. if you cant give me advice on this boat, than
dont wast my time, and google's bandwith. if you have something good
to say, then i'll listen.

but on the subject of fuel, yea, its not a guarantee that it will
run, but it will show that the fuel has not gone completley south.
witch might mean the fuel system will not need a complet overhulal.

I'v tryed to stick a tape measure into the tank, got 4 feet in and
came out with no gas on it.

and i got in it, and the deck feels good. no soft spots. lots of mold
thow.

the bildge looks, like it has not had water pooling in it. just damp
from water running out of the PLUG, not the HULL. its running out
where its ment to.

all and all, i think this boat is reall not in to bad of shape.
just needs some tlc.

Dr. Dr. J. P. Smithers, MD, PHD

tmark,

If the gas was not stabilized, it would have gummed up the carb or fuel
injectors, even if the gas would burn.

The reason Boots made his comment is because you seem to want to use this NG
as justification to buy the boat that you have already decided you want to
buy. You solutions to determine if the boat is a good value is useless at
best, and could be extremely dangerous.

If you decide to buy the boat, I hope you take some safety courses, find
some boaters to help you. Most of all, I hope you don't boat close to any
body of water I use.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

basskisser

JohnH wrote:
On 31 Dec 2004 17:39:42 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 31 Dec 2004 09:20:32 -0800,
wrote:

[...]

No, he is not. Please learn to read. He said that is "THE FUEL" will
burn on a stick, it will burn in the motor. Your twisted thinking
instantly changed that to ANYTHING.

JohnH

On 3 Jan 2005 09:02:14 -0800, "basskisser" wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 31 Dec 2004 17:39:42 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 31 Dec 2004 09:20:32 -0800,
wrote:

[...]

man, this hole "burn the gas ot test it" thing has really stured up
some ****!!

All of you that think im dumb or dangerous, you should see the look
on peoples faces whin i stick my finger in the gas tank of a weedeater
or lawn mower, and light my finger on fire to see if the gas burns!!

yep. thats right. MY finger. been doing it for, oh, about 10 Years
now. great way to find out what you need to know. and i'd of stuck
my finger in the boats gas tank to, if it were long enough.

dangerous, yea, everything's dangerous. whats more dangerous,
burning a little fuel, or walking acros the street? how about standing
on a pice of wood, that you dont know if it will hold you? sound
dangerous? it dose to me, but i did it!!! thats right, i walked on
a bord that i hade no ideal if it would hold my 180 pound fat ass!!!
and gess what, most of you have done it to. ever walked on the deck
of a boat that had been sitting?? ever walked on a soft deck??
fall throught that and you might spring your ankle. you might not be
able to go to work. burn your finger, and, well your wife will just
be unhappy for a couple of days! but, yea, iknow what youall are
thinking, "set your self on fire and lets see how your wife feals".
to that i say "ok, hold on here, let me just dump this weedeater gas
on me. ok now let me light my finger to see if it will br----- oh
****!!! oh ****ing ****!! I'm on fire!! quick somebody put me out!!!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!" Or hold the lighter right next to the gas cap and
light my finger. duh.

let me ask you this, whin you go to put gas in your car, do you
touch something metal to equlize static, before taking off the gas cap?
do you touch the gas pump nozzle to the gas cap to equlize static
between the car and pump? do you let the lawn mower cool all the way
befor refuling? you know how many mowers i'v fixed becuse somebody
dident let it cool, and set it on fire.

do you wear a lifevest on the water at all times?

point im making is that all of the things we do has some danger in it.
but a little common sence and some safety, this things can be done
SAFELY.

fact is im not going to let my little test of burning gas tell me
the motor is good and WILL run. not at all. its just going to tell me
that it wont need so much work to get it to run.

Ok like this, if the tank has 5 gal. of gas in it, (we'll say its a
10 gal tank) and the gas thats in it dosent burn, thin what do you need
to do to it? the motor will NOT run on something that WILL NOT burn,
right. so you have to drain all of the old gas, pureg the fuel lines,
clean the carb(or injectors). check for stuck valve's(old gas, really
old gas WILL glue the intake valves shut bending push rods. i'v seen
it.) ok, now lets say the fuel WILL burn, on my finger, a stick, on
the ground, or in the air, 200,000 feet from the gas tank(we want to
be safe here remember). what do you have to do now. how about putting
5 gal. of good, high octane pump gas in with it. It might run, might
not, right? But i bet once you got some of the good gas to the carb,
it'll fire. might not run the best, but i bet it'll run. do you get
what im saying?

most of you have thought "he's trying to say that if the gas will
burn the motor will run. Hes such a dumbass." or "this guy is the
dumbst guy on earth, hes going to blow him self up, or set the boat on
fire as soon as he tries this. what a dumbass." or "this guy is SO
dangerous, hes going to kill us all if we are on the same lake as him."
"yea Gorge, he'll probably try to light his cigarettes with a flare
gun" (would love to se somebody try that-LOL) but the point is im
not dangerous, im not a dumbass. the only thing you guys can see is,
gas+fire=dumbass. you are not taking in acount the experance i have
working with gas, the safty plain i have, and the common since i have.
you are right, and thats that. thats all you know. duh, did you
think i was going to light the gas right next to the gas cap? or stick
the lighter in the tank? if so, you are the dumbasses.

but on another note, i dont have my hart set on buying this boat. i
have my hart set on buying A boat. i like to look at something im
going to buy from all sides. look it from top to bottom. inside out.
right side up, and upside down. forward, and backward. the more i can
learn from looking at this boat, the more i'l know when i go look a
another one. im not just going to look at something and say " ooo,
thats pritty. i'l buy it" things are like people, its whats on the
inside that counts. iv allready looked at other boats, seen a couple
that i would like to have more than this one. might buy that other
one. the reson im looking at this boat is its right next to me. yea,
dont get me wrong, id love to take this boat, this poor rundown, not
wanted by its owner, dirty, sinking in to the ground boat, spend this
summer cleaning, fixing, washing and waxing it, and take a old boat
that somebody would say, "god, look at that pice of ****", and turn it
in to a nice little skiboat, to take out and try to kill my little
brother on with a tube: ) (oh ****!! look out, now hes talking about
killing people!!) but any good bowrider will suit me just fine. even if
it needs some work, i can do that.

"You solutions to determine if the boat is a good value is
useless at
best, and could be extremely dangerous." --------elaborate pleas.

woodcraftss, thanks for your advice. the deck did feal solid, and
the bilge did not smel of gas, but i dont know now if the tank has any
gas in it. like i said earler i got 4 feet of tape in the tank, and
still did not hit gas.

captmp, i know that it is out dated, but i have the 1972
edition-50th year chapman. my grandfather gave me that book whin i was
about 8, out on the ohio river one day. iv read it cover to cover a
dozen times. its kinda funny, it sayes not one thing about gps. know
how to read a chart, and fing my way home if the gps ever gave out.
been looking for the most up to date chapman out there, but havent hade
any luck. no book stors around here have them.

iv said one little thing, on this ng, and people allready stereotyped
me. you dont know me, could be the nicest guy youd ever meet. might
just be.

Lonney

wrote

All of you that think im dumb or dangerous, you should see the look
on peoples faces whin i stick my finger in the gas tank of a weedeater
or lawn mower, and light my finger on fire to see if the gas burns!!

yep. thats right. MY finger. been doing it for, oh, about 10 Years
now. great way to find out what you need to know.

LOL, "great way" to find out what you need to know? Wouldn't a better way
be to just dump the 25 cents worth of possibly bad gas in the weedeater and
then fill the tank with what you know is good gas? I'm not saying that your
methods are wrong, I'm just suggesting that there must be better ways to
test gas than lighting yourself on fire.

iv said one little thing, on this ng, and people allready stereotyped
me. you dont know me, could be the nicest guy youd ever meet. might
just be.

I don't think that anyone is saying that you're not a nice guy....I'd say
that most of us probably just think that you're probably a few bricks short
of a full load if you know what I mean...not a major problem, mind you,
since most people are in their own little way a little dopey about
somethings.