Dave Hall

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:55:43 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:07:13 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

I suspect this began at the point when I explained to
you that the law in NY allows you to end any animal which destroys food
crops, assuming it can be done safely with regard to neighbors. Hey! No
kneejerk nonsense - I posted a link to the law for you in the past. If
you
didn't read it, that's your problem.

I also posted SEVERAL links to actual court cases where neighbors were
convicted of crimes for killing other neighbor's dogs. Guess what? Not
all of them were done with firearms. Poisonings were also common and
just as illegal.

If someone does a lousy job, who's to blame, Dave? The people you mention
must've been stupid. Unless you live in a cave, you know (sort of) how
Jimmy
Hoffa was dealt with, right? Do you need this implication explained?

So now you are positing that the only crime that was committed was
that the perps got caught?

Are you another one of those "it's only illegal if you're caught"
types?

No. I'm saying the body should never be found, silly. Maybe this is why the
mob doesn't hire guys like you. :-)

It's still illegal, whether you were caught or not. Condoning the
circumvention of the law, even if you can be reasonably sure of
getting away with it, says much about your moral character, or lack
thereof.

I annointed myself. It was easy. Not everyone needs a committee to make a
decision.

You are not in the position to do that. You don't make the rules of
society. Society makes the rules and it is, in essence, a committee.

Blah blah blah.....you make sure there are peanut donuts at the committee
meeting, and maybe I'll stop by and listen, church lady.

So you don't like living by the rules of society eh? Maybe it's time
you find yourself a nice deserted island.

Were you one of those wacko protesters in the 60's who shouted "down
with the establishment"? Do you feel oppressed by "the man"?

Far out man......

Here's another point of view: If you want to own horses, cows or goats,
you
usually get a much bigger piece of land than the typical 1/8 or 1/4 acre.

You also need the proper zoning.

Why do you suppose there are zoning rules if you want to keep cows, goats,
horses, etc.?

Residential neighbors don't like living next to a major source of bad
odors. And they voted as a block to make sure it doesn't happen.

If
you think your dog needs lots of room to run around, you ante up and buy
that room.

Not always practical or affordable in most areas. Most developers
don't make developments with 3 acre lots. Even greater than 1/2 acre
are rare.

I might want to build my kid a motorcross track, but I only have .18 acres.
However, my yard connects without any physical interruption to two other
yards. Do you suppose it would be OK for me to build some of the track so it
includes my neighbors' yards?

No. But if they kill your kid when he occasionally deviates from his
own yard, I'm sure you'll want them on death row.

Otherwise, you leaflet your neighborhood to inform your neighbors
that any time they find dog **** on their property, they should call you
come clean it up, any time of the day or night.

Hey....there's an easy catch-all term for this. Maybe you've heard of it:
Personal responsibility

Yep, so clean up that pile, put a fence around your garden, and stop
whining about it.

What??? I'm personally responsible for someone else's dog?

No your personally responsible for taking care of your property and
preventing things that might happen.

Isn't that like
saying YOU are responsible for contributing tax dollars to someone else's
abortion?

No.

That's a bit harsh. Sometimes kids are hit by cars too. Should parents
confine their kids to the house until they're adults too? Would you
not think that this level of confinement is cruel? Why then do you not
feel the same way for a dog?

If you can't teach your kids to be careful near the street, then you and
the
kids become poster boys for survival of the fittest. It's simple.

I'm all for that. Natural selection has a specific purpose. Only the
compassion of he bleeding hearts circumvents this.

Well, then I guess I'm not one of them there bleeding hearts, Dave, because
I like it when people incur penalties for their bad decisions. So do you,
when it's convenient for you to say so.

Which is usually most of the time.

The difference is that if someone does something stupid, and something
bad happens as a direct result of that action, then I feel that they
brought it on themselves. That's a far cry from another person taking
the law into their own hands in order to "teach" someone else a lesson
that they feel is deserved. That's why we have civil laws and
enforcement people to deal with cases like this.

Dave
JohnH

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:50:11 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Dave Hall wrote:

This really is a dumb string, because the dumb really have prevailed.
Bush is in the White House, we're still at war with a country that did
not attack us, our soldiers are still dying by the hundreds, the neocons
plan to instigate more wars, there's no relief in sight for those who
have no health insurance, the economy still sucks, our trade deficit is
astronomical, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Ergo, the really dumb have prevailed.

How much credibility does one put in the post of a despicable liar?

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Doug Kanter

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

Here's another point of view: If you want to own horses, cows or goats,
you
usually get a much bigger piece of land than the typical 1/8 or 1/4
acre.

You also need the proper zoning.

Why do you suppose there are zoning rules if you want to keep cows, goats,
horses, etc.?

Residential neighbors don't like living next to a major source of bad
odors. And they voted as a block to make sure it doesn't happen.

Residential neighbors generally don't like having their yards used at
toilets, either.

I might want to build my kid a motorcross track, but I only have .18
acres.
However, my yard connects without any physical interruption to two other
yards. Do you suppose it would be OK for me to build some of the track so
it
includes my neighbors' yards?

No. But if they kill your kid when he occasionally deviates from his
own yard, I'm sure you'll want them on death row.

You said "No", which I take to mean it's NOT ok for me to extend a motocross
track into my neighbor's yard. If the sport requires more space, it's my job
to find another way to give it that space.

But it's OK for a dog that needs more space to use MY space.

Conclusion: You know full well that your argument about dogs needing space
is absurd, but you're hanging onto that idea because of pride.

Otherwise, you leaflet your neighborhood to inform your neighbors
that any time they find dog **** on their property, they should call you
come clean it up, any time of the day or night.

Hey....there's an easy catch-all term for this. Maybe you've heard of
it:
Personal responsibility

Yep, so clean up that pile, put a fence around your garden, and stop
whining about it.

What??? I'm personally responsible for someone else's dog?

No your personally responsible for taking care of your property and
preventing things that might happen.

Uh oh! My son plays soccer. My yard adjoins my neighbor's. Every day, the
soccer ball is kicked at high speed into the neighbor's flower bed, breaking
a few stems. A few weeks of this and there will be no flowers left.

Is it the neighbor's job to put up a fence?

JohnH

wrote:

Dave Hall wrote:

This really is a dumb string, because the dumb really have prevailed.
Bush is in the White House, we're still at war with a country that did
not attack us, our soldiers are still dying by the hundreds, the neocons
plan to instigate more wars, there's no relief in sight for those who
have no health insurance, the economy still sucks, our trade deficit is
astronomical, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Ergo, the really dumb have prevailed.

How much credibility does one put in the post of a despicable liar?

Well, you voted for the turd.

You're calling yourself a turd that I voted for? No, you're not a
turd. You're a liar.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
basskisser

wrote:

Dave Hall wrote:

This really is a dumb string, because the dumb really have

prevailed.
Bush is in the White House, we're still at war with a country that

did
not attack us, our soldiers are still dying by the hundreds, the

neocons
plan to instigate more wars, there's no relief in sight for those

who
have no health insurance, the economy still sucks, our trade

deficit is
astronomical, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Ergo, the really dumb have prevailed.

How much credibility does one put in the post of a despicable

liar?

Well, you voted for the turd.

You're calling yourself a turd that I voted for? No, you're not a
turd. You're a liar.

John H

John, speaking of liars, please show where Harry stated that he "helped
identify" bodies in VietNam.

(OT ) Dumb Dumb Dumb! (maybe he'll shoot himself in the foot) Jim General 19 June 8th 04 05:36 PM
I did something REALLY dumb Doug and Lois General 3 May 25th 04 06:35 AM
How Dumb is Ganzy? Bobsprit ASA 2 April 24th 04 03:41 PM
Bush dumb AND stupid? Bobsprit ASA 17 November 22nd 03 01:44 AM
You (and Bush) are likely too dumb for this Anonymous ASA 1 November 12th 03 04:03 AM