Short Wave Sportfishing

Default And if the really dumb prevail...

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 06:30:57 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

...this gal will be allowed to breed:

And I hope she does.

The girl has guts and I applaud her for it.

Later,

Tom
Dave Hall

wrote:

...this gal will be allowed to breed:

Teen sues over Confederate flag prom dress

LEXINGTON, Kentucky (AP) -- A teenager is suing her school district for
barring her from the prom last spring because she was wearing a dress
styled as a large Confederate battle flag.

So I take it, you oppose the first amendment?

Or is it that you only agree with it, when those views are in sync
with your own?

Dave
Doug Kanter

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...this gal will be allowed to breed:

Teen sues over Confederate flag prom dress

LEXINGTON, Kentucky (AP) -- A teenager is suing her school district for
barring her from the prom last spring because she was wearing a dress
styled as a large Confederate battle flag.

Frankly Harry, I don't blame her, although she could probably achieve her
purpose by simply raising hell over the issue in the newspaper.

Jeff Rigby

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...this gal will be allowed to breed:

Teen sues over Confederate flag prom dress

LEXINGTON, Kentucky (AP) -- A teenager is suing her school district for
barring her from the prom last spring because she was wearing a dress
styled as a large Confederate battle flag.

Harry, we in the south fought the war of "states rights" not for the right
to have slavery but against special interest that wanted a larger share of
the world market in Cotton Goods (cloth). The export tariff on raw cotton
killed the agrarian economy of the south. The first shot of the war was
against a fort enforcing the tariff.

Lincoln was trying to institute Federal policies that would have eliminated
slavery SLOWLY. Paying for some to be repatriated to Africa and the rest
given land as reparations for being forced into slavery. Much like the
Union soldiers got as a mustering out. He was outvoted in Congress and the
special interests forced a war on this country.

After the war (as a popular president) he had plans to follow thru on his
vision and was killed some say by other special interests who saw an
opportunity to rape the South. In many cases the "Plantations" in the south
were broken up into smaller plots and given to the slaves. You will find in
researching the ownership of surviving "Plantations" that most were picked
up by people or corporations from the north.

True or not that is the prevailing opinion here in the south.

While in the North (N.Y. State) I listened to news reports of a newly
discovered Cemetery where multiple thousands of black children and adults
were found in mass graves. Speculation was that they were from the
"Industrial era" just after the Civil War where blacks including children
were worked to death in factories and buried in mass graves (The Northern
answer to slavery).

While there is enough guilt to go around for both the North and the South,
on neither side did the PEOPLE fight the War for the reasons attributed to
them. The North fought to free the Slaves and the South fought against an
overbearing government that wanted to destroy the economy of the south.

Your education contains Cultural Bias Harry.

Short Wave Sportfishing

wrote:

...this gal will be allowed to breed:

Teen sues over Confederate flag prom dress

LEXINGTON, Kentucky (AP) -- A teenager is suing her school district for
barring her from the prom last spring because she was wearing a dress
styled as a large Confederate battle flag.

So I take it, you oppose the first amendment?

Or is it that you only agree with it, when those views are in sync
with your own?

Dave

The confederate flag is an offensive symbol of white supremacy, racism
and slavery to millions upon millions of people.

Tough. Get over it.

Fashioning it into a
dress that you wear to a prom is as offensive as fashioning the Nazi
swastika into a dress you wear to a prom. Doing either is only meant to
inflame and to offend.

How do you know that was the intention - do you know this girl?

The appropriate place for either symbol is on a
pickup truck that some redneck pigs might use in Texas to drag blacks or
Jews attached to a chain to their deaths.

It's also a reminder of a disturbing war fought valiantly on both
sides.

It stand for much more than your narrow definition of what is
appropriate and what isn't.

And if you can't see that, then you aren't as broad minded as you like
to say you are.

Later,

Tom

Short Wave Sportfishing

wrote:

[...]

I'm not one of those who romanticizes the south, either pre or post
Civil War, nor did I ever buy into the revisionism of southern
"sympathizers" who claim slavery wasn't an overriding issue of that war,
and whose ancestors spent some time afterwards lynching blacks, Jews,
and Catholics, and who even in the 1960s were resisting the most basic
of civil rights for all. And I'm not claiming the rest of the country
was "perfect" in the area of civil rights, either. But the south set the
standard, as it were. There was nothing glorious about the old south,
not if you had dark skin, and that one fact, slavery and the desire to
continue it, negates any concept of "valiant" behavior on its side.

If you ever want to read about the "righteous" North sometime, look up
Frederick Douglas's experiences in the shipyards of Baltimore and his
time in Mystic Connecticut.

Then come back and tell me about "valiant" behavior.

You may not understand it, you may not want to understand it and
that's fine. But the men who died for a cause have every right to be
remembered, their history, lives and sacrifices celebrated as their
descendants choose - not at the dictates of some individuals who have
their PC undies in a bunch.

Later,

Tom

Tuuk

Harry,, you moron

Wasn't it you who was defending the Islamic and Allah and Mohammed there in
another post??? Islamic and Muslim who are taught to hate non islams and
nonmuslims. You are now defending those who suffered slavery by your
people,, Harry you are all over the place man, you spin from one direction
to another,, your more confused than a termite in a yo-yo.

Read this again,,,

http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate/

Read the part about your Mohammed you so nicely defended earlier,, read
about his approx 30ith wife, the 6 year old. Or didn't he kill his brother
only to marry his wife. Come on there Harry, give the head a shake,,,

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...this gal will be allowed to breed:

Teen sues over Confederate flag prom dress

LEXINGTON, Kentucky (AP) -- A teenager is suing her school district for
barring her from the prom last spring because she was wearing a dress
styled as a large Confederate battle flag.

The lawsuit filed Monday in U.S. District Court claims the Greenup County
district and administrators violated Jacqueline Duty's First Amendment
right to free speech and her right to celebrate her heritage at
predominantly white Russell High School's prom May 1. She also is suing
for defamation, false imprisonment and assault.

"Her only dance for her senior prom was on the sidewalk to a song playing
on the radio," said her lawyer, Earl-Ray Neal.

Duty, 19, is seeking actual and punitive damages in excess of $50,000.

She said she worked on the design for the dress for four years, though she
acknowledged that some might find the Confederate flag offensive.

"Everyone has their own opinion. But that's not mine," she told reporters
outside the courthouse. "I'm proud of where I came from and my
background."

Duty, now a college student, said school officials told her before the
prom not to wear the dress, but she didn't have another one and decided to
see if administrators would change their minds.

According to her lawsuit, she was met outside by two police officers and
principal Sean Howard. She said the principal intimidated her by striking
the vehicle she was in.

School offices were closed Wednesday. Superintendent Ronnie Back did not
immediately respond to a call to his home seeking comment.

The Sons of Confederate Veterans has promised to help pay some of her
legal expenses.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/12....ap/index.html

Tuuk

Of course you do harry,,,

The only reason my posts are required to be so long, is because I enjoy
proving you wrong,, pointing out your stupidity. Sometimes takes a lot of
time.

For my languages,,, lol,,, you ****ing moron,,, English is not my primary
you ****ing racist,,

Go read your koran you coward. Harry, that is exactly what you are, an
ignorant coward. A back stabbing coward,,, you stabbed your fellow Americans
right in the back,,,

If you do not like the country you're living in, then move. Why don't you
move to Malasia or somewhere where there is high percentage of the muslim
and islams you so admire,,, you moron,, lol,,, how many languages do you
speak there Einstein???

I didn't think so,,,

you just keep reading my posts there Harry and pretend to ignore them,,
loll,, It is just that your too stupid to know how to answer them. Try
taking a trip sometime harry,, get out of that bar and expand your mind,,

And about the drugs,,, lol,,, well your more the demographic for that,,
being a laborer on he union your whole life,,,lol,,, I don't know why I
waste my time with a union laborer like you,,, lol,,, go paint your boat
again,,,

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:1103831340.2901354a30faaba46ba91f937a7aa530@t eranews...
Tuuk wrote:
Harry,, you moron

Wasn't it you who was defending the Islamic and Allah and Mohammed there
in another post???

`Sorry, Tuuk, but you have me confused with whatever narcotic you drink
all day. Or inject. In addition, your command of English is so ****-poor,
it is obvious you don't understand 90% of what you think you are reading.

By the way, there's no need for you to aim your long, badly written posts
at me. I don't read them.

Doug Kanter

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

About the only group that has a good track record of defending
all types of free speech is the ACLU. :-)

And they have other issues......

What issues are those, Dave?

Dave Hall

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 12:19:16 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
.. .

About the only group that has a good track record of defending
all types of free speech is the ACLU. :-)

And they have other issues......

What issues are those, Dave?

Look it up.

Dave

(OT ) Dumb Dumb Dumb! (maybe he'll shoot himself in the foot) Jim General 19 June 8th 04 05:36 PM
I did something REALLY dumb Doug and Lois General 3 May 25th 04 06:35 AM
How Dumb is Ganzy? Bobsprit ASA 2 April 24th 04 03:41 PM
Bush dumb AND stupid? Bobsprit ASA 17 November 22nd 03 01:44 AM
You (and Bush) are likely too dumb for this Anonymous ASA 1 November 12th 03 04:03 AM