Short Wave Sportfishing

Default The nicest line of new production boats...

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:56:37 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

...I've seen in years...

Sabreliner.

They're just exquisite.

http://www.sabreyachts.com/

What's your favorite?

I've been thinking of this one to fit between the Contender and the
Ranger.

http://www.pacificskiffs.com/PBpages/PBV2600.html

Later,

Tom
Eisboch

I've been thinking of this one to fit between the Contender and the
Ranger.

http://www.pacificskiffs.com/PBpages/PBV2600.html

Later,

Tom

Interesting boat .... but I am curious as to the ride. At almost 26 feet
and only 2300 lbs dry, it seems very light. Have you taken one out in some
3 footers?

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 07:20:56 -0500, "Eisboch"

.. .

I've been thinking of this one to fit between the Contender and the
Ranger.

http://www.pacificskiffs.com/PBpages/PBV2600.html

Interesting boat .... but I am curious as to the ride. At almost 26 feet
and only 2300 lbs dry, it seems very light. Have you taken one out in some
3 footers?

Yes - the first time at mouth of the Merrimack River on a really bad
day - NE wind whipping around at 20/25. The second time was near
where Black Lab Marine is located in Maine.

They are very light for their size even loaded. The ride is rougher
than a glass boat of the same class, but not as bad as you might
think. I like the ability to trailer this boat from place-to-place
without much fuss or bother.

I'm still looking around for something to fit between the Ranger and
the Contender. My kids don't like the Ranger (no potti) and they are
afraid of the Contender. I'm searching for a compromise boat so that
the wimmenz can have their one and only creature comfort, but still
have a boat they can feel psychologically capable of handling.

Later,

Tom
Don White

"Harry Krause" wrote in
What's your favorite?

Being practical, I'd have to say the Saber 386.
Now if Karl would lend me a mill or so...I'd probably go for the full meal
deal... the Sabre 452.

DSK

Sabreliner.

They're just exquisite.

http://www.sabreyachts.com/

What's your favorite?

I dunno about "exquisite" but Sabres do have the rep of being well
built. They're handsome, if thoroughly conventional.

If I were choosing one as a gift, I'd pick the 38 Express if I could
have it with a single bigger Cummins. This isn't meant as an insult,
there is a long long list of boats I wouldn't accept for free...

Gene Kearns wrote:
They *do* look good...... I'm not crazy about foam or balsa core,
though....

Why? Properly built & properly maintained, core is great. Lasts 99.9% as
long as any other type of fiberglass.

In talking about longevity, remember the old codger discussing a certain
type of wood said to be resistant to rot: "Well mister, if you make a
fence post out of that wood, and another fence post out of granite...
the wood one will rot out about one year before the granite one does."

DSK

tbd

I've been thinking of this one to fit between the Contender and the
Ranger.

http://www.pacificskiffs.com/PBpages/PBV2600.html

I saw and went aboard a 23 WA, I was very impressed with the quality of the
welds and sturdiness of construction.

http://www.pacificskiffs.com/PBpages/PBV23.html

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:45:37 -0500, "tbd" wrote:

.. .
I've been thinking of this one to fit between the Contender and the
Ranger.

http://www.pacificskiffs.com/PBpages/PBV2600.html

I saw and went aboard a 23 WA, I was very impressed with the quality of the
welds and sturdiness of construction.

http://www.pacificskiffs.com/PBpages/PBV23.html

They are very well built - I'll say that for 'em.

Later,

Tom

rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 September 29th 04 05:19 AM
Production Boats Gary Webster ASA 4 February 9th 04 11:50 PM
Dire Yank boats Jens Adolphsson ASA 11 October 8th 03 01:53 AM
Is sailing becoming extinct? Don White General 14 August 12th 03 12:38 AM