BoatBanter.com

-   -   please bear with me ... another test (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/25959-please-bear-me-another-test.html)

Eisboch December 8th 04 12:11 AM

please bear with me ... another test

one two three four.

over and out

Eisboch

JohnH December 8th 04 12:16 AM

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 19:11:29 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

one two three four.

over and out

Eisboch

Coming in 5X5

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

Don White December 8th 04 02:41 AM

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..
one two three four.

over and out

Our VHS instructor at the Power Squadron said......you don't say over and
out.
It's one or the other...
over .....to let the other participant have the airwaves
out........to sign off.
Was he right?

Wayne.B December 8th 04 02:50 AM

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 02:41:45 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

Our VHS instructor at the Power Squadron said......you don't say over and
out.

========================

He's right but it would be wrong to rewrite all of those movies at
this late date.

Over and out.

Short Wave Sportfishing December 8th 04 11:38 AM

wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
one two three four.

over and out

Our VHS instructor at the Power Squadron said......you don't say over and
out.

You took a class in operating a VHS at the Power Squadron? :)

It's one or the other...
over .....to let the other participant have the airwaves
out........to sign off.
Was he right?

Technically, that is correct.

Let's say that you and I are conversing. If I say over and out, that
indicates that the last transmission is yours - I am clear of the
channel once your transmission is ended.

Later,

Tom

Short Wave Sportfishing December 8th 04 11:39 AM

wrote:

Our VHS instructor at the Power Squadron said......you don't say over and
out.

========================

He's right but it would be wrong to rewrite all of those movies at
this late date.

No, his instructor is wrong. In the military, he is correct - out is
used in a different context than in the civilian world.

Over and out.

10-4.

Later,

Tom

Tuuk December 8th 04 11:55 AM

Tom

You better go back to school and relearn this part. Where you day dreaming
or smoking the hooch when they taught you that particular lesson?

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 02:41:45 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

t...

NOYB December 8th 04 12:33 PM

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:1102474196.1676e372ddd95185655bea5e769e06b6@t eranews...
Don White wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..

one two three four.

over and out

Our VHS instructor at the Power Squadron said......you don't say over and
out.
It's one or the other...
over .....to let the other participant have the airwaves
out........to sign off.
Was he right?

Your instructor needs a few beers.

....or a Lewinsky.

Wayne.B December 8th 04 02:26 PM

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:33:52 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Your instructor needs a few beers.

...or a Lewinsky.

=================

They have those in Naples?

N.L. Eckert December 8th 04 02:56 PM

What is 'VHS"??? I've heard of VHF, is this something new??

Our VHS instructor at the Power Squadron said......you don't say over
and
out.
It's one or the other...
over .....to let the other participant have the airwaves
out........to sign off.
Was he right?

However, you are correct. Its an improper transmission. "Over" is
an invitation to send, "Out" terminates the transmission.

http://community.webtv.net/nl3ecke/MERRYXMAS