Josh

Default Underfloor Fuel Tanks

Hey

I have a runabout 4.55 metre aluminium boat. The boat becomes cramped
with 3 people in it so I am going make some mods the boat. I am going
to put in a kill tank and an underfloor fuel tank.

I have a couple of questions regarding the fuel tank and venting the
take.

Does anyone know of some slimline tank manufactures?
Know the venting requirements of an underfloor tank?
Any other items I might need to know before I attemp the project.

Thanks
Josh
Short Wave Sportfishing

On 4 Dec 2004 02:06:54 -0800, (Josh) wrote:

Hey

I have a runabout 4.55 metre aluminium boat. The boat becomes cramped
with 3 people in it so I am going make some mods the boat. I am going
to put in a kill tank and an underfloor fuel tank.

I have a couple of questions regarding the fuel tank and venting the
take.

Does anyone know of some slimline tank manufactures?
Know the venting requirements of an underfloor tank?
Any other items I might need to know before I attemp the project.

A fifteen foot boat?

Ok - to start with, you have a couple of ways to do this. One is to
use a self-venting fill fitting and a handy dandy premade belly tank.

http://tinyurl.com/4ezkm

http://tinyurl.com/5lmjb

However, on a 15 foot boat, you will probably have to have a custom
tank made which will account for how the tank is oriented (for fuel
pickup purposes) and the internal rib structure of your boat.

As to venting, again, a self-venting filler fitting is probably the
best way to go.

Good luck.

All the best,

Tom
--------------

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004
RichG

An alternative to having a specially fitted tank made..you might also
consider putting in two smaller commercially available tanks and connecting
both of them. Lots of time, you can get one small tank in, but really want a
bigger one. This might be an alternative solution to a major re-working of
your deck, just to put the tank in place.
--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

[...]

Access ports in s/s water tanks - best way? NT Boat Building 18 January 26th 05 11:45 AM
Access ports in s/s water tanks - best way? NT Cruising 19 January 26th 05 11:45 AM
What anchor should I buy? Ree-Yees General 89 May 22nd 04 09:05 PM
diesel fuel tanks P.C. Boat Building 2 August 22nd 03 04:10 AM
Flexible water tanks? Go Fig General 3 August 6th 03 06:45 PM