NOYB

Default OT--Absolutely sick. And it happens in the Netherlands.

Netherlands Hospital Euthanizes Babies

By TOBY STERLING, Associated Press Writer

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - Raising the stakes in an excruciating ethical
debate, a hospital in the Netherlands - the first nation to permit
euthanasia - recently proposed guidelines for mercy killings of terminally
ill newborns, and then made a startling revelation: It has already begun
carrying out such procedures in a handful of cases and reporting them to the
government.

The announcement last month by the Groningen Academic Hospital came amid a
growing discussion in Holland on whether to legalize euthanasia on people
incapable of deciding for themselves whether they want to end their lives -
a prospect viewed with horror by euthanasia opponents and as a natural
evolution by advocates.

In August, the main Dutch doctors' association KNMG urged the Health
Ministry to create an independent board to review euthanasia cases for
terminally ill people "with no free will," including children, the severely
mentally retarded, and people left in an irreversible coma after an
accident.

The Health Ministry is preparing its response to the request, a spokesman
said, and it may come as soon as December.

Three years ago, the Dutch parliament made it legal for doctors to inject a
sedative and a lethal dose of muscle relaxant at the request of adult
patients suffering great pain with no hope of relief.

The Groningen Protocol, as the hospital's guidelines have come to be known,
would create a legal framework for permitting doctors to actively end the
life of newborns deemed to be in similar pain from incurable disease or
extreme deformities.

The guideline says euthanasia is acceptable when the child's medical team
and independent doctors agree the pain cannot be eased and there is no
prospect for improvement, and when parents think it's best.

Examples include extremely premature births, where children suffer brain
damage from bleeding and convulsions; and diseases where a child could only
survive on life support for the rest of its life such as spina bifida and
epidermosis bullosa, a blistering illness.

The hospital said it carried out four such mercy killings in 2003, and
reported all cases to government prosecutors - but there have been no legal
proceedings taken against them.

Catholic organizations and the Vatican have reacted with outrage to
Groningen's announcement, and U.S. euthanasia opponents contend that the
proposal shows the Dutch have lost their moral compass.

Lost their moral compass indeed! Meanwhile, Democrats are working fervently
to turn the US into the Netherlands. They'll never get it...and that's why
their party will continue to fade away into oblivion. It's better that the
American people are the ones to remove the Democratic party's stain of
immorality from our country's moral fiber rather than waiting until things
get so bad that God decides to do it for us. He has a history of being less
that descriminate in his methods, and I'd hate for the decent people to pay
for the sins of the immoral minority.

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:
[...]

The USA doeswn't have a moral compass...or in fact any morality on any
significant issue. And while we all here understand your attempt to
provoke, you're not going to get anywhere. This country is going
straight down the tubes, and you are young enough so that you will
suffer all along the way.

The government will assert control over your profession, and your
children will live in a nation of limited opportunities, and probably
will end up with menial, third-world jobs at some point in their
lifetimes, no matter what their educations.

The USA has become passe in the court of world opinion and, in reality,
in the ability to project power over anything of importance.

It has nothing to do with Democrats, or with what you think is morality
or immorality. It has everything to do with fascism. Look up the post
Nuremberg laws of the Third Reich...see if you find anything familiar.

We're going to find ourselves in a never-ending series of real jams in
the not too distant future. Some will be internal, some external, and
some of both will result from the actions of our enemies and some from
the actions of our friends abroad and our former friends. They are not
going to sit around and wait for the smoke to clear.

Jesus is not going to save this country. If he exists at all as the Big
Kahuna, he washed his hands of us when we lost our vision, our
leadership and our courage in January 2001.
NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
[...]

Suffer? Why would I suffer? Things are absolutely superb!

The government will assert control over your profession,

Not as long as we keep the Democratic party in the minority.

and your children will live in a nation of limited opportunities, and
probably will end up with menial, third-world jobs at some point in their
lifetimes

Yes. Perhaps during high school. Or summers during college.

no matter what their educations.

There will always be well-paying jobs in this country for people willing to
work hard and stay abreast of the latest innovations. Right now, if you
know a trade, you're practically bullet-proof. Perhaps they'll be
journeyman? Non-union of course.

The USA has become passe in the court of world opinion and, in reality, in
the ability to project power over anything of importance.

The only thing passe is the Democratic Party.

It has nothing to do with Democrats, or with what you think is morality or
immorality. It has everything to do with fascism. Look up the post
Nuremberg laws of the Third Reich...see if you find anything familiar.

"post-Nuremberg laws" of the Third Reich? Don't you mean the Nuremberg
Laws? And how do you believe they are familiar with anything happening
today?

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

It has nothing to do with Democrats, or with what you think is morality or
immorality. It has everything to do with fascism. Look up the post
Nuremberg laws of the Third Reich...see if you find anything familiar.

"post-Nuremberg laws" of the Third Reich? Don't you mean the Nuremberg
Laws? And how do you believe they are familiar with anything happening
today?

No, I mean the laws the reich passed after the initial biggies. The ones
that parallel the unPatriot Act.
JohnH

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:58:25 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

NOYB wrote:
[...]

That shoe must have fit, huh Harry? If this country is so bad, why
don't you do a few years in the Netherlands, or anywhere else for that
matter?

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

Harry Krause

wrote:

NOYB wrote:

[...]

At the moment, it looks like it will be more fun watching this country
implode.

We're doing our part now. We've closed accounts at stores in the red
states, and to the best of our ability, will avoid purchases from or
travels to those areas. For our holiday shopping so far, we've managed
to divert about $2000 to businesses in other states.
NOYB

At the moment, it looks like it will be more fun watching this country
implode.

Why would you find it fun to watch your country implode?

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

At the moment, it looks like it will be more fun watching this country
implode.

Why would you find it fun to watch your country implode?

If I told you, you still wouldn't understand.
JohnH

wrote:

NOYB wrote:

[...]

Such common sense! Does that come from playing with yourself or from
doing the "Weasel Shuffle"?

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Gould 0738

Beware the slippery slope.

How large a step is it from terminating the life of people who are "unable to
make the decision to end their own life", to terminating people "who are not
capable of making the *right* decision, and want to go on living"?

Sorry Sick Bastards Joe ASA 66 June 27th 04 06:05 PM
I hope you all who are carring out this childish, sick fighting are Christopher Robin General 6 January 30th 04 07:35 PM
I'm sick of This! Don White General 6 January 27th 04 01:40 PM
I'm getting sick of..... Jerry Steele General 4 January 24th 04 03:01 AM
sick waterfall photo Andrea Whitewater 1 October 20th 03 06:25 PM