Charley

Default Please Help - Looking for a windshield

I'm trying to locate a windshield (actually only need the starboard wing)
for a 1985 Sea Ray 210 Cuddy. The original was made by Taylor Craft for Sea
Ray, but neither Sea Ray or Taylor Craft stocks/supplies replacements for
windshields that are that old. Has anybody got one that they would like to
sell? Any suggestions as to where I might find one or have a replacement
made?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Charley

Charley

The glass is easy to get. I'm looking for the frame too. A tree fell on my
boat while it was sitting on the trailer in my driveway and the frame of the
starboard wing of the windshield is bent beyond my ability to straighten it.
The glass shop said that they could provide new tempered and tinted glass,
but couldn't do anything with the frame. I've spent over $4000 repairing the
rest of the boat's damage and the windshield is the last big hurdle that's
preventing completion.

A call to Taylor Craft got me a referral to a company called Ocean Dynamics
in Miami, but every time I call them the woman takes my name and phone
number and promises to have someone call me back, but they never do. I've
been trying for 6 months. Does anyone know anything about this company?
They're big enough to have a website. www.oceandynamics.com and they're
supposed to specialize in making custom and replacement boat windshields. It
seems strange that they would treat prospective customers like this. They're
a 14 hour drive away fom me, so it's not very convenient for me to go
knocking on their door, but I'm about desperate enough to do it anyway.

--
Charley

"JimH" wrote in message
It is obviously a piece of straight glass. Why not have a local

windshield
shop cut up a piece for you using the frame as a template?

. com...