Bill Kiene

Default Touring truck and boat

I was wondering what would be a nice boat to tow around the US behind a
diesel pickup. One that you could sleep on in an RV park or on the water.

I was guessing around 25 feet? Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
www.kiene.com

www.kiene.com

www.kiene.com

.JIMinMA.

A Carolina skiff would fit the bill. The floor is nice and flat. For added
comfort, you could use an air mattress, and you might want to have a tent in
case it rains.
Some lakes and ponds limit power to 10 HP. If you don't want to be forever
searching for big water to float your boat, small is good. 16 feet tops.
Hope this helps ;-)
Jim
"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
m...

I was wondering what would be a nice boat to tow around the US behind a
diesel pickup. One that you could sleep on in an RV park or on the water.

I was guessing around 25 feet? Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
www.kiene.com

www.kiene.com

www.kiene.com

UglyDan®©™

After car topping/boondocking a jon boat down to places like Lake
Powell/Meade, and Roosevelt across the mountains from us, I've always
toyed with the idea that it would be neat to make a Land n Lake type rig
out of a 22' or so pontoon boat, Sorta a smaller version of those big
rentals, but without the swimslide or hottub. Still Dreamin. UD

http://community.webtv.net/capuglyda...inUglyDansJack

Calif Bill

25-27' Farallon, or a Davis Rock Harbor. Would work in big lakes and also
in Florida visiting the grandkids. Also be nice for the San Juans. For the
camper a fourwheel popup slide in camper. Made in Woodland, see one at the
Sac ISE show. Thinking of buying this setup for myself.
Bill

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
m...

I was wondering what would be a nice boat to tow around the US behind a
diesel pickup. One that you could sleep on in an RV park or on the water.

I was guessing around 25 feet? Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
www.kiene.com

www.kiene.com

www.kiene.com

UglyDan®©™

(Calif=A0Bill)wrote
25-27' Farallon, or a Davis Rock Harbor. Would work in big lakes and
also in Florida visiting the grandkids. Also be nice for the San Juans.
For the camper a fourwheel popup slide in camper. Made in Woodland, see
one at the Sac ISE show. Thinking of buying this setup for myself. Bill

Bill, Have you looked at Alaskan camper www.alaskancamper.com , There
pricey, but IMHO there the best popup slidein built, Had one on my old
rig and towed my 13' Whaler with it. UD

http://community.webtv.net/capuglyda...inUglyDansJack

Calif Bill

"UglyDan®©T" wrote in message
(Calif Bill)wrote
25-27' Farallon, or a Davis Rock Harbor. Would work in big lakes and
also in Florida visiting the grandkids. Also be nice for the San Juans.
For the camper a fourwheel popup slide in camper. Made in Woodland, see
one at the Sac ISE show. Thinking of buying this setup for myself. Bill

Bill, Have you looked at Alaskan camper www.alaskancamper.com , There
pricey, but IMHO there the best popup slidein built, Had one on my old
rig and towed my 13' Whaler with it. UD

Looked at the alaskan. The fourwheel's weigh about 1000#. And since I do
not camp in 0 degree weather, the fourwheel and Phoenix out of Broomfield,
CO will work great.
http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/general_features.htm
Bill

http://community.webtv.net/capuglyda...inUglyDansJack

Jack Redington

Bill Kiene wrote:
I was wondering what would be a nice boat to tow around the US behind a
diesel pickup. One that you could sleep on in an RV park or on the water.

I was guessing around 25 feet? Any ideas?

Thanks.

A lot of 25/26 ft mid cabins would do. Depending on where you are the
boat shows are comming and they are a good place to see whats out there
since you know your specific wants/needs

http://www.boatshows.com/

Capt Jack R..

Don White

I have a Plymouth Voyager mini-van and will be towing a Sandpiper 565
sailboat.
Between the two, the wife & I should be able to get a good nights sleep at a
campground.

Bill Kiene wrote in message
m...

I was wondering what would be a nice boat to tow around the US behind a
diesel pickup. One that you could sleep on in an RV park or on the water.

I was guessing around 25 feet? Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
www.kiene.com

www.kiene.com

www.kiene.com

Wayne.B

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 07:38:49 GMT, "Bill Kiene"
wrote:

I was wondering what would be a nice boat to tow around the US behind a
diesel pickup. One that you could sleep on in an RV park or on the water.

I was guessing around 25 feet? Any ideas?

Bill, here's a site that will give you a few ideas:

http://www.portager.info/Transportable_files/frame.htm

This is the one I've seen on the water a few times and it looks very
"shippy" for its size:

http://www.rosboroughboats.com/rf246/sedan/246Sedan.htm

Bill Kiene

Thanks Bill

Sounds exciting.........

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA
www.kiene.com

www.kiene.com

www.kiene.com

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...
25-27' Farallon, or a Davis Rock Harbor. Would work in big lakes and also
in Florida visiting the grandkids. Also be nice for the San Juans. For

the
camper a fourwheel popup slide in camper. Made in Woodland, see one at

the
Sac ISE show. Thinking of buying this setup for myself.
Bill

m...

For Sale Truck and Boat Tim General 0 December 17th 03 03:55 AM
Help me find a boat Larry General 3 December 3rd 03 06:34 AM
Not The Way To Wash The Inside Of Your Boat (Pictures) Rosco Bookbinder General 4 August 14th 03 04:27 AM
Composite flooring on pontoon boat? Calif Bill General 3 July 1st 03 03:42 AM