Larry

Default Help me find a boat

I bought a Bombardier Utopia 185 last summer. It is an 18.5' jet boat
powered by a 200hp Merc and is trailerable. The boat is ok but I am very
unhappy with Bombardier and plan to sell the boat next summer while the
brand new engine is still working well.

I like jet boats only because they have no propeller and we have lots of
lakes up here and in nearby Maine - some are shallow and all have unmarked
obstacles (read: rocks just below the surface!) I have to have a boat that
I can trailer and launch easily; it will be towed by my truck, a V8 powered
Superduty Ford F-250 4wd which is setup to tow my tractor on a utility
trailer (8000 lbs). I have a lot of boating experience, but 30 years
passed between my last boat and the one I bought last summer so I'm not
very "up" on what's happened in between.

I'm looking for a nice runabout. I'll do a lot of cruising and fishing and
want something comfortable and fast. I'd like to stay away from Mercury
engines. What do folks here recommend?
--

Larry
email is rapp at lmr dot com
Clams Canino

Mercury engines are not made by Bombardier. OMC engines are.

I recommend Mercury engines.

Send Bombardier a nastygram that says how unhappy you are with them, and
keep your boat - LOL.

-W

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

del cecchi

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

A nice Lund Tyee (or a Crestliner) with an I/O and watch out for the
rocks. That's what people here in similar country in Minnesota do.
Nobody runs jets here.

del cecchi