Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gary Warner

Default How much to pay for a custom made Bimini Top ??

I talked to an upholsterer today about making a bimini top for
Delilah. (He's done many boats). I know, especially after
all our work restoring our boat, that no project is as small or
easy as it seems. And I realize that quality work takes time
and skill. I don't mind paying for that. But still, the quote I
got seems high to me.

I plan on going to some other people in this area for comparisons
but was wondering what people here on rec.boats would
"guestimate" for a price on this.

The Job:
- A bimini cover for our 22 foot Chris Craft.
- Width probably 8 or 9 feet.
- Length of main bimini probably 5 or 6 feet.
- The cover would come up from the windshield.
- Held up by one set of posts.
- Also removeable (zippered) sides that attach to side windows.
- Also what this guy called a "convertable" back.
Basically a length of cloth (8 or 9 feet) that connects (zipperes) to
the back edge of the bimini. It slants down and snapps to the boat
behind the back steats. This part is not really to be used when the
boat is being used. It's there so that the entire boat is enclosed
when it's being docked somewhere.

- Sunbrella material
- Stainless Steel 7/8" tubing

I'll try to find some pictures that show what we want. Until then, here
are pictures of the our boat to give some little idea:
http://tinyurl.com/4coae

Thanks,
Gary