Default How to start a Jetski that hasn't run in a while?

Hi,

I tried to start my Jetski today, but couldn't
get it to happen. It has not been run in the
last couple of months. Can anyone suggest
how to get it going? It's on a lake in GA.

Thanks for any help!
David

JDavis1277

At the intake plumbing.

Where to squirt it?

Ed

That would be the AIR intake (large black rubber tube on engine)

Leave top OPEN to air, be VERY careful, run blower if you have one....

JDavis1277 wrote:
At the intake plumbing.

Where to squirt it?

basskisser

"Lawrence James" wrote in message link.net...
ether can

wrote in message
Hi,

I tried to start my Jetski today, but couldn't
get it to happen. It has not been run in the
last couple of months. Can anyone suggest
how to get it going? It's on a lake in GA.

Thanks for any help!
David

Be VERY careful when using ether in a two stroke. There isn't any
perceptible lubrication in ether.
Rod McInnis

wrote in message
Thanks to all! Can starting fluid cause scarring or something due to
no lube and higher rpms...or something like that?

You will still have throttle control, so how high the RPM goes is still up
to you. Be careful, though, as the RPMs may increase faster than you are
used to.

A short spray of ether shouldn't lead to any problems. On the other hand, if
you attempt to keep the engine running by repeatedly spraying ether (each
shot should be good for several seconds of run) then lubrication could be an
issue.

Rod