Default How to start a Jetski that hasn't run in a while?

On 22 Dec 2003 04:55:28 GMT, (Karl Denninger) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
Hi,

I tried to start my Jetski today, but couldn't
get it to happen. It has not been run in the
last couple of months. Can anyone suggest
how to get it going? It's on a lake in GA.

Thanks for any help!
David

Sure.

Take out one of the plugs. Take an eyedropper. Squirt a small amount of
gas into the cylinder. Screw in plug. Hit button.

It will fire.

It may not run, but it will fire.

Repeat until it does.

What usually happens is that the carbs lose prime and there's no gas in
there to fire! You can crank until you're blue in the face or the battery
dies, but until the engine runs it won't pump enough fuel to get going.

Thanks to all! Can starting fluid cause scarring or something due to
no lube and higher rpms...or something like that?