Bert Robbins

Default It's STILL the Economy, Stupids...

"thunder" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 04:01:07 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Wanna know *why* Illinois has such a higher rate of unemployment,

hmmmmmm?
Here's your answer:

Governor=Democrat
Lt. Govenor=Democrat
State House= Controlled by Democrats
State Senate= Controlled by Democrats Mayor of Chicago=Democrat

Ever wonder why the states that are run by Democrats seem to have the
worst economies and worst financial crises? You can't tax the hell out

of
businesses and then expect them to set up shop in your state.

That must be why Texas' unemployment rate is 6.3%. Oops, Texas is
controlled by Republicans.

And Alaska's is 7.3%. Oops, another Republican state.

And then there is Maryland, 3.8%. Yup, it's a Democratic state.

Our current governor in Maryland is a Republican. The two previous elections
for governor were extremely close. The former Speaker of the Maryland House,
a Democrat, was left wondering why he lost his seat in the last election. It
was a coattails effect of ensuring the election of a Republican to the
highest office.

Bert

Harry Krause

Bert Robbins wrote:

"thunder" wrote in message
[...]

The current governor of Maryland is very lucky he isn't the target of a
recall campaign, as he is the more arrogant and least competent governor
in the state's history, with the possible exception of Spiro Agnew.
Erlich is a one-termer.

--
Email sent to is never read.
JohnH

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:05:30 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:14:49 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

JohnH wrote:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 04:01:07 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

While nationwide unemployment fell in November to 5.9 percent, it stood
at 6.7 percent in Illinois. In some pockets Downstate, the rate ranges
between 7 percent and 10 percent, said Margaret Blackshere, head of the
Chicago AFL-CIO.

Wanna know *why* Illinois has such a higher rate of unemployment, hmmmmmm?
Here's your answer:

Governor=Democrat
Lt. Govenor=Democrat
State House= Controlled by Democrats
State Senate= Controlled by Democrats
Mayor of Chicago=Democrat

Ever wonder why the states that are run by Democrats seem to have the worst
economies and worst financial crises? You can't tax the hell out of
businesses and then expect them to set up shop in your state.

NOYB, you'll note that Harry vacated this thread immediately upon being
challenged.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

Bullship. You righties *still* think I feel the *need* to somehow engage
in "debate" with you. I've posted a zillion times that I don't give a
damn what you post. I simply find it humorous that so many of you
righties make such an effort to rationalize away Bush and his failures,
lies, misrepresentations and stupidity.

Won't? Can't? Or won't because you can't? Hmmm?

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

You still don't get it, eh?
Too many years in the military.

Let's take a simple example.

If I put up a post that states that George W. Bush is barely literate,
that he won't read much of anything more than a page long, that he
admits that he doesn't really any serious books, or the real newspapers,
and that gets his news handed to him by his staff in tidbits he can
digest, two or three of you righties will then put up *50* posts that
purport to demonstrate I am wrong but in reality simply show that I am
correct.

Read up on Pavlov.

Push the Bush Button and what happens?

All the right-wing simpies start to salivate. Right here on our screens.

Got it now?

You're being worked.

Got it now?

Sheesh.

typical
John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
JohnH

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:56:44 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

thunder wrote:
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 04:01:07 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Wanna know *why* Illinois has such a higher rate of unemployment, hmmmmmm?
Here's your answer:

Governor=Democrat
Lt. Govenor=Democrat
State House= Controlled by Democrats
State Senate= Controlled by Democrats Mayor of Chicago=Democrat

Ever wonder why the states that are run by Democrats seem to have the
worst economies and worst financial crises? You can't tax the hell out of
businesses and then expect them to set up shop in your state.

That must be why Texas' unemployment rate is 6.3%. Oops, Texas is
controlled by Republicans.

And Alaska's is 7.3%. Oops, another Republican state.

And then there is Maryland, 3.8%. Yup, it's a Democratic state.

Geez, NOYB, look at the map. I would suggest that there is more of a
correlation to the type of economy, than who controls the legislature.

http://www.lioninc.com/lion/unemployment_by_state1

http://www.statescape.com/Resources/...artysplits.asp

Try to keep in mind that NOYB is a 30-year-old dentist whose bills were
paid by daddy and mommy and who, after being sheltered through high
school and college and dental school, moved south to Florida, and
without ever experiencing any of the downsides of life, or the
struggles, has now emerged as a snotty-nosed Republican conservative who
knows nothing of consequence about how the world works.

He sure tries to "protect" his hero Dubya the Smirking Chimp, though.
Cast aspersions on any aspect of Dubya and ol' NOYB will find and post
300 contrary opinions.

He's a trip.

typical
John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

Harry Krause

JohnH wrote:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:32:57 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

snip

he is the more arrogant and least competent governor
snip

typical

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

Wow...John's found a mission. Now, as soon as he can get his old
military uniform out of the $1.75 Dry Clean Anything store...watch out!

--
Email sent to is never read.
thunder

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:29:58 -0500, Bert Robbins wrote:

Our current governor in Maryland is a Republican. The two previous
elections for governor were extremely close. The former Speaker of the
Maryland House, a Democrat, was left wondering why he lost his seat in the
last election. It was a coattails effect of ensuring the election of a
Republican to the highest office.

Sorry, I wasn't aware the Governor was a Republican, but both your houses
are heavily Democrat by an over two to one margin. Still, I believe it's
the state's type of economy rather than the political party in charge that
makes the unemployment rate low. Virginia also has a low rate, and a
Republican legislature. Looking at the map, with few exceptions, it would
appear the more heavily populated and industrial states have a higher
unemployment rate. Some also have a Republican legislature.

http://www.lioninc.com/lion/unemployment_by_state1

http://www.statescape.com/Resources/...artysplits.asp

bb

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:18:14 -0500, JohnH
wrote:

typical
John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

What? You reposting 82 lines just to add a useless one word comment?

bb
John Gaquin

"Harry Krause" wrote in message news:bs4cc7

....sheltered through high
school and college... without ever experiencing any of the downsides of

life, or the
struggles, has now emerged as a snotty-nosed Republican conservative who
knows nothing of consequence about how the world works.

Ah, here we go with the old "working-class hero" crap. Predictable.

thunder

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:58:28 -0500, Gene Kearns wrote:

It would be interesting to see anon-partisan scientific study on this
subject. It would appear that conventional wisdom is simply inaccurate
and unfounded. I'd just like to know the documented truth.

Thanks for the work. Interesting stuff. I suspect that if it were
scientifically studied, quite a few of our perceptions of Democrats and
Republicans, both pro and con, would be found to be inaccurate, but then I
guess elections wouldn't be near as much fun.