Short Wave Sportfishing

Default The Curse of Dennis Conner?

Wonder which Cup contender it was.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...74%5E2,00.html

CURSE YOU DENNIS CONNER!!! CURSE YOU TO HELL!!!!

F'in loser.

All the best,

Tom
--------------

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004
DSK

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Wonder which Cup contender it was.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...74%5E2,00.html

CURSE YOU DENNIS CONNER!!! CURSE YOU TO HELL!!!!

F'in loser.

AFAIK it's one of the Australian challengers from 1992, did not actually
race in the America's Cup match. That generation of IACC boats was built
for light air, which is the prevailing wind in San Diego... relatively
flimsy.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

DSK

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
CURSE YOU DENNIS CONNER!!! CURSE YOU TO HELL!!!!

Here's a link to another story with a better picture

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...0/s1228257.htm

DSK

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:44:47 -0400, DSK wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Wonder which Cup contender it was.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...74%5E2,00.html

CURSE YOU DENNIS CONNER!!! CURSE YOU TO HELL!!!!

F'in loser.

AFAIK it's one of the Australian challengers from 1992, did not actually
race in the America's Cup match. That generation of IACC boats was built
for light air, which is the prevailing wind in San Diego... relatively
flimsy.

I kinda figured that. I just took an opportunity to blame Dennis
Conner, the f'in freak faced loser dillweed dork, for losing the Cup.

I still say he lost it on purpose so he could rewin it and take it to
San Diego.

F'in loser.

Later,

Tom

"Beware the one legged man in a butt
kicking contest - he is there for a
reason."

Wun Hung Lo - date unknown
DSK

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
I kinda figured that. I just took an opportunity to blame Dennis
Conner, the f'in freak faced loser dillweed dork, for losing the Cup.

I still say he lost it on purpose so he could rewin it and take it to
San Diego.

F'in loser.

Yep, I'm not a big Dennis Conner fan either. It's notable that he never
won anything big in one-designs until long after his AmCup follies, and
back in the old days he used to show up regattas with protest forms
already filled out against the top competitors. I never raced against
him myself (although I have raced Ted Turner) but I know a number of
people who have, and they say he's an asshole on and off the course.

A very skilled racing sailor, yes... but still an asshole.

DSK