gpickren

Default Ad: $1,195 for Complete New Merc Alpha One Drives

Press Release -- Sterndrive Engineering, Inc.
December 17, 2003

Sterndrive Engineering of Clearwater, Florida announced today that it is
offering brand new complete replacement Mercruiser Alpha One sterndrives for
$1,195 retail. Separately, lower halves retail at $695 and upper halves for
$595.

Greg Pickren, President of Sterndrive Engineering, said, "We have been doing
research, engineering, and design of the drives for over a year at our
company's lake in central Florida. In fact, we have spent over $40,000 on
gasoline alone at our stationary dock verifying performance and durability."

Justin Webb, also of Sterndrive Engineering, added, "Our goal is to change
the industry by encouraging dealers to simply swap out drives rather than
investing time and money repairing old drives. All of the drive's parts
meet OEM specifications and are interchangeable. Another interesting aspect
of our program is that there is no core charge and the customer can keep the
core."

Sterndrive Engineering's replacement drives are totally new and come with a
one year warranty. The company plans to offer Gen II drives in the Fall of
2004 at similar prices. Please call (727) 461-0811 for more information or
email . The company's web site is www.sterndrive.cc.
Dealer pricing is available.

Mercruiser, Alpha One, and Gen II are trademarks of the Brunswick
Corporation. Sterndrive Engineering is not affiliated with the original
equipment manufacturer.

Wayne.B

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 23:05:20 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

This is gonna be a big hit!

Good job Greg.

-W

=================================

Problem is, it sounds too good to be true, and we all know what that
means.

You first?

gpickren

Wayne,

Fortunately it's true and the drives are indeed good. This company was not
thrown together on a "shoestring". It's a major effort by a real company.
As I said, we've been testing the units all year and we know they work. The
lower gears are Gleason cut and made from a high nickel alloy. The shafts
are bimetal friction welded. The cases are cast from a corrosion resistant
aluminum alloy, polished, and finished using a 4 step coating/painting
process.

Our strategy is to change the industry by changing how older sterndrives are
maintained. With the price and the warranty, it's not only a safe buy, but
a good buy.

Greg Pickren
Sterndrive Engineering

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 23:05:20 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

This is gonna be a big hit!

Good job Greg.

-W

=================================

Problem is, it sounds too good to be true, and we all know what that
means.

You first?

Wayne.B

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 03:31:09 GMT, "gpickren"
wrote:

Our strategy is to change the industry by changing how older sterndrives are
maintained. With the price and the warranty, it's not only a safe buy, but
a good buy.

I'll be happy to do some field testing for you in exchange for an
evaluation unit.

Ed Cheek

Anybody buy anything from this company? I just read some articles in
their forums. Looks pretty interesting. Who is SBT?
Ed Cheek

Anybody try this company yet? Their web site looks interesting. And
the price is the best I have found. I like what they said in their
press releases in the forums section of their web site. But it does
beg the question, why are the prices so good?