Jon Smithe

I never said it was anyone else but Gould who wrote the article, and I
believe it was him. I said and believe it was a well written article, but
it was a fluff PR piece. Their was no comparison of other high performance
batteries, there were no test to verify the information being given by the
president of the company. I said this is not unusual in the boating mag
industry, but I did think it was important when people read boating mags
they understood who there real customers are, and it is not the consumer.

What would you call the article if it was not a fluff PR piece.

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
Jon Smithe wrote:
How was I purposely offensive? What I have said was the common response
by most of the people discussing boating mags.

What really has me confused is what did I say that sounded like fascism,
in this thread or any thread.

I am very interested to see when I became a fascist.

"Oh gosh, Oh dear, I certainly didn't mean to offend Mr. Gould when I said
that his article was advertising fluff and probably written by an agency
hired by the company."

After your persistent and irrational attacks on Chuck Gould in political
threads, to now make a personal attack when he is contributing useful
information, as well as good on topic reading, disgusting. That you try
and put on an innocent face afterwards is worse.

Into the sack of shreiking useless Bush-Cheney cheerleaders you go. Don't
worry, you'll like it in there.

DSK

rmcinnis

"Gould 0738" wrote in message

There are two Meridian batteries on display, in a typical 8D box. The
vendor
who retails these batteries in this area is not WM, and doesn't sell WM
battery
boxes.

Well, I was only using the West Marine box because you had already
established that the extent of your research was limited to the West Marine
catalog

Remember that "8D" is a case size.

Yes, and the Meridians are outside of that case size. They are taller and
longer than an 8D.

If your email address works, watch for a couple of photos. The batteries
in the
box in the photo are combined to create 24-volts.

I am sure that you could find a box that two Meridians would fit in. I
think you are doing a mis-service to the boating public to say that two
Meridians will fit in an 8D box when they are clearly longer and taller than
an 8D, and too long and too tall to fit in the 8D battery box that many
people might have previously bought. If I had been sold on this concept
that they would fit I would be really ****ed if I had to go buy a new
battery box (those 8D boxes are not cheap).

If you want to digress from 12-volt 8D's to
other types and sizes of batteries, obviously the comparisons will change
as
well.

Your article didn't say that all comparisons were strictly against 8Ds, and
the start of this branch of the thread was on your statement to the effect
that the Meridian batteries were lighter per amp-hour than "conventional
automotive batteries". I wouldn't consider an 8D to be a conventional
automotive battery.

They are lighter per amp hour than some batteries.

Not significantly so that it is "newsworthy". They certainly are not ligher
per amp-hour than any battery I would compare it against if I was shopping
for a deep cycle battery.

The major benefit of the capacity and case size of the Meridians is
the "half the space, or twice the power" option.

The half/twice number is a bit of a generous "rounding" of the true number
(the North Star Battery website claims 40%), but none the less their
amp-hour per cubic inch is impressive. Perhaps you would do everyone a
favor if you would focus on that instead.

Rod