BoatBanter.com

-   -   Anchors are SUPPOSED to drag? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/23139-anchors-supposed-drag.html)

Steven Shelikoff September 27th 04 02:34 AM

On 27 Sep 2004 00:57:49 GMT, (JAXAshby) wrote:

If you're anchoring in a
bad storm and don't have enough scope, your anchor will break out no
matter what you use for rode.

nope. 10 to 1 on chain breaks the anchor loose, while 6 to 1 on nylon doesn't.

Yup, you just don't know how to anchor with chain, that's all. That's
ok, it's just one more thing you don't know about.

Steve

JAXAshby September 27th 04 03:09 AM

schackloof, you belong in jail. with all of your kind.

Anchors are SUPPOSED to drag?

Harry Krause September 27th 04 03:09 AM

JAXAshby wrote:
schackloof, you belong in jail. with all of your kind.

His "kind"? What, pray tell, do you mean by that?

Steve's a bright guy. You aren't.

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of

What, me worry?

otnmbrd September 27th 04 03:32 AM

JAXAshby wrote:
If you're anchoring in a
bad storm and don't have enough scope, your anchor will break out no
matter what you use for rode.

nope. 10 to 1 on chain breaks the anchor loose, while 6 to 1 on nylon doesn't.

sorry, dood, dem's da physics. which, of course, you don't understand anything
except you wanna kill and/or injure someone. you wanna go to jail, dood.
have fun with the 300# drug dealer, dood. you are going to be there a couple
years.

"dem's da physics" ROFLMAO Doodles, IF you had any experience at
anchoring, you'd know how stupid this response is ...... since you
don't.......

otn

JAXAshby September 27th 04 12:19 PM

Steve's a bright guy. You aren't.

hoary, steve barely got out of high school, and his 575 combined SAT score
wouldn't get him into an open enrollment community college.

JAXAshby September 27th 04 12:21 PM

over the knee, if you should ever try to anchor and should a storm come up, do
hope and pray you don't injure someone with your lazyness. for if you do, you
will get up close and personal with a 300# drug dealer for a couple years.

otnmbrd

Harry Krause September 27th 04 12:21 PM

JAXAshby wrote:
Steve's a bright guy. You aren't.

hoary, steve barely got out of high school, and his 575 combined SAT score
wouldn't get him into an open enrollment community college.

I suspect Steve's SAT scores are higher than yours. I know mine are, and
I didn't do badly, and I expect Steve beat me on the math SAT. I only
got a 625 on that one.

Harry Krause September 27th 04 12:23 PM

JAXAshby wrote:
schackloof, you belong in jail. with all of your kind.

His "kind"? What, pray tell, do you mean by that?

his kind are the kind who purposely endanger the lives of others because they
are too frickin lazy to anchor properly. you know, hoary, the clowns who "drag
anchor" when in fact they purposely didn't set it correctly.

Why are you so concerned about anchoring? You've got yourself a little
puddle jumper sailboat, and I suspect you rarely leave the dock. I
sailed in Long Island Sound, too, and, other than on really stormy days,
it wasn't particularly challenging. It's not the ocean.

JAXAshby September 27th 04 12:50 PM

hoary, most people on LIS anchor properly, for the anchoring conditions on LIS.
namely, a largesh Danforth on a few feet of chain and a lot of nylon. people
who anchor on LIS seldom "drag anchor".

the people I have had a problem with are those frickin lazy *******s who use
all chain (because it runs through an electric windlass easier) and often on
too short of scope and then "drag anchor" across the anchorage hitting boats
all while claiming it is "an act of god" and not their fault at all. I was
nearly hit by two such lazy *******s in twenty minutes, one of which went on to
take out a 52 foot boat behind me.

hoary, I have sailed a number of places not on LIS. In fact, my own boat is at
this moment several hundred miles away from LIS.

Harry Krause