NOSPAM

Default Pull start --> electric start

I have a Mercury 9.9hp 1999 model 2cycle, pull start. Wondering if there
is anyway to convert it to electric start? This question may sound crazy..
but I realize that my pull-start snow blower can do that!! They sell a kit
that converts the pull start motor into electric start. Not sure is it
possible with outboard.. Any thoughts?

BenC

"NOSPAM" wrote in message . rogers.com...
I have a Mercury 9.9hp 1999 model 2cycle, pull start. Wondering if there
is anyway to convert it to electric start? This question may sound crazy..
but I realize that my pull-start snow blower can do that!! They sell a kit
that converts the pull start motor into electric start. Not sure is it
possible with outboard.. Any thoughts?

it is possible but the expense makes it not worth it. not only do you
require a starter and the electrical to go along with that, solenoid,
battery cables etc. you also need to replace your flywheel with one
that has a ring gear.
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:34:19 GMT, "NOSPAM"
wrote:

I have a Mercury 9.9hp 1999 model 2cycle, pull start. Wondering if there
is anyway to convert it to electric start? This question may sound crazy..
but I realize that my pull-start snow blower can do that!! They sell a kit
that converts the pull start motor into electric start. Not sure is it
possible with outboard.. Any thoughts?

Yes it is possible.

Unfortunately, it will cost you a bundle.

Take care.

Tom

"The beatings will stop when morale improves."
E. Teach, 1717

Calif Bill

"BenC" wrote in message
m...
"NOSPAM" wrote in message

. rogers.com...
I have a Mercury 9.9hp 1999 model 2cycle, pull start. Wondering if

there
is anyway to convert it to electric start? This question may sound

crazy..
but I realize that my pull-start snow blower can do that!! They sell a

kit
that converts the pull start motor into electric start. Not sure is it
possible with outboard.. Any thoughts?

it is possible but the expense makes it not worth it. not only do you
require a starter and the electrical to go along with that, solenoid,
battery cables etc. you also need to replace your flywheel with one
that has a ring gear.

My 1986 Mariner has everything but the voltage regulator and the starter of
an electric start. The flywheel is toothed. So maybe that is all you need
also for a 1999.
Bill

RichG

I'd watch Ebay for a junker ( for parts ) that you could use.
--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

What does MIT say about ionization and lightning?? JAXAshby ASA 70 August 25th 04 09:47 PM
'Lectric boats Gould 0738 General 1 July 28th 04 01:55 PM
1978 4 hp evinrude, hard warm start and needs some TLC BllFs6 General 2 July 27th 04 01:09 PM
Yamaha 100hp pull start Tovey Family General 5 October 4th 03 09:26 PM