BenC

"NOSPAM" wrote in message . rogers.com...
I have a Mercury 9.9hp 1999 model 2cycle, pull start. Wondering if there
is anyway to convert it to electric start? This question may sound crazy..
but I realize that my pull-start snow blower can do that!! They sell a kit
that converts the pull start motor into electric start. Not sure is it
possible with outboard.. Any thoughts?

it is possible but the expense makes it not worth it. not only do you
require a starter and the electrical to go along with that, solenoid,
battery cables etc. you also need to replace your flywheel with one
that has a ring gear.