Dan Krueger

Sounds like the previous owner frequently pulled skiers or wakeboards and needed
the "hole shot". Or maybe he didn't know any better when he got that deal on a
new prop!

Dan

Jon.boston wrote:
The propeller on my boat has a 13" pitch.. When I use the calculator
the speed agrees with what I'm seeing.

My question now is: What prop pitches do people use on a 23Ft outrage
with a 225 Merc? I've seen notes mentioning 17" and 19" pitch.. Any
advice on what is put on as a stnadard would be great.

I bought this boat used, 55 hours on the engine, and I can't beleve
they would sell it with a 13" pitch prop... The list of props for
this engine don't seem to even go down to 13"!

Any clues would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Jon

Harry Krause

Jon.boston wrote:
The propeller on my boat has a 13" pitch.. When I use the calculator
the speed agrees with what I'm seeing.

My question now is: What prop pitches do people use on a 23Ft outrage
with a 225 Merc? I've seen notes mentioning 17" and 19" pitch.. Any
advice on what is put on as a stnadard would be great.

I bought this boat used, 55 hours on the engine, and I can't beleve
they would sell it with a 13" pitch prop... The list of props for
this engine don't seem to even go down to 13"!

Any clues would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Jon

I believe the pitch on my 225 Yamaha on my Parker 25 is 17"...I'll have
to check it out...but I believe that is the right number. Seems to me a
19" or even 21" pitch would be suitable for that Whaler and a 225 engine.

--
Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
And don't forget to pay your taxes so the rich don't have to!
Matt Lang

Dan Krueger wrote in message nk.net...
Sounds like the previous owner frequently pulled skiers or wakeboards and needed
the "hole shot". Or maybe he didn't know any better when he got that deal on a
new prop!

Or the prev owner kept his multihundred dollar SS prop and slapped on
the cheapest prop he could find before the sale

Matt

Jon.boston wrote:
The propeller on my boat has a 13" pitch.. When I use the calculator
the speed agrees with what I'm seeing.

My question now is: What prop pitches do people use on a 23Ft outrage
with a 225 Merc? I've seen notes mentioning 17" and 19" pitch.. Any
advice on what is put on as a stnadard would be great.

I bought this boat used, 55 hours on the engine, and I can't beleve
they would sell it with a 13" pitch prop... The list of props for
this engine don't seem to even go down to 13"!

Any clues would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Jon

IBNFSHN

Here is everything you wanted to know about props.
http://www.boatfix.com/how/props.html

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va