Ahoy2u

Default When did this group STOP being about boats?

I confess I haven't posted or even lurked here for awhile. When I came back, I
was surprised by all the OT crap that has seemed to permeate this group. What
happened? Where have all the boater's and boat talk gone?

RJ
ReevesJ32

Where have all the boater's and boat talk gone?

RJ..... I also frequent this newsgroup. I have a list of preference words that
eliminate all of the OT posts (constantly adding more). Unfortunately this may
be considered an OT post as well and draw some criticism from a few.

However, to answer your question about the boaters present locations, visit
www.MarineEngine.com, www.maxrules.com, and www.iboats.com.

There are some great forums on all three sites which you may find interesting.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)
CCred68046

Thanks Joe, I appreciate that information.
Dont worry about your post being OT, its quite justified. I guess some people
in here think that having a boat makes you a political authority. I care about
their OT posts and political opinions about as much as they could actually do
something about what they are yipping about...
We can safely leave them in self check in a kill file, if they are to stupid to
find the correct group to post in, we need not worry about them. They
obviously post OT in here to avoid being confronted by someone who might
actually be educated in their off topic ramblings.
Continually posting OT only makes you look like a fool or a spammer.
Posting your political crap in here is like calling the zoo when your house is
burning. No one there will care... you might want to try the fire department.

Rod McInnis

"Ahoy2u" wrote in message
I confess I haven't posted or even lurked here for awhile. When I came

back, I
was surprised by all the OT crap that has seemed to permeate this group.

What
happened? Where have all the boater's and boat talk gone?

At least most of the off topic posts are labeled as such. This allows my
newsreader to filter them out. Just set the filter and I never see them any
more

Rod

noah

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:57:04 -0800, "Rod McInnis"
wrote:

"Ahoy2u" wrote in message
I confess I haven't posted or even lurked here for awhile. When I came

back, I
was surprised by all the OT crap that has seemed to permeate this group.

What
happened? Where have all the boater's and boat talk gone?

At least most of the off topic posts are labeled as such. This allows my
newsreader to filter them out. Just set the filter and I never see them any
more

Rod

That can help, but they don't belong here in the first place.
Regards...

Regards,
noah

To email me, remove the "OT-" from wrecked.ot-boats.noah.
....as you were. )