Jeff C

Default Electrical problem

Help!

During my last outing, I experienced a loss of power to all of my
non-engine-related components (radio, water pumps, lights, head pressure,
etc.). Power to the starter, and all of my engine panel gauges were OK. I
checked the fuses behind the instrument panel, as well as the main fuse box
that's in close proximity to the battery (stern) - and the fuses are fine.
There is power coming out of the main fuse box (stern), but there is no
power (as far as I can find) coming to the instrument panel. I'm stuck.

Any suggestions on where I should look are greatly appreciated!

23' 1998 Welcraft Excel WA
200hp Johnson OB

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 20:02:35 -0400, "Jeff C"
wrote:

Help!

During my last outing, I experienced a loss of power to all of my
non-engine-related components (radio, water pumps, lights, head pressure,
etc.). Power to the starter, and all of my engine panel gauges were OK. I
checked the fuses behind the instrument panel, as well as the main fuse box
that's in close proximity to the battery (stern) - and the fuses are fine.
There is power coming out of the main fuse box (stern), but there is no
power (as far as I can find) coming to the instrument panel. I'm stuck.

It sounds like you've lost a ground or power connection somewhere
along the line. Check along the wiring for a junction block to see if
you have a corrosion problem which is what I would suspect. Could
also be a loose ground or power connection. It's really a question of
tracing the wiring to the junction and going from there. This is
where a good old test light comes in handy.

Can't think of anything else right off hand.

Take care.

Tom

"The beatings will stop when morale improves."
E. Teach, 1717

Electrical problem! Seahag ASA 101 October 9th 04 03:44 AM
Fishfinder??? Bobsprit ASA 31 January 26th 04 09:06 PM
Strange electrical problem Portside engine Capt. Frank Hopkins General 8 November 19th 03 12:33 AM
96 Sea Doo Speedster Starting Problem - Odd Noise From Electrical Box? Curtis CCR General 2 July 19th 03 03:55 AM
Electrical problem Terry Spragg Electronics 1 July 8th 03 04:49 PM