Mike

Default Battery Lock

I'd like to find a locking device to lock my marine battery to my
skiff. Anyone come across such a thing?
Chuck Tribolet

A garage? ;-)

--
Chuck Tribolet

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/triblet

Silicon Valley: STILL the best day job in the world.

"Mike" wrote in message ...

I'd like to find a locking device to lock my marine battery to my
skiff. Anyone come across such a thing?

Sam

"Mike" wrote in message

I'd like to find a locking device to lock my marine battery to my
skiff. Anyone come across such a thing?

Don't lock it down.
Epoxy razor blades around the bottom edge.

RichG

I'd guess you could just buy some SS wire and work out a small lock, or bend
up some flat aluminum stock and make a surrounding "U-box" out of it. If
they want it bad enough, none of those things will keep them from it. RichG

--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners
"Sam" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message

I'd like to find a locking device to lock my marine battery to my
skiff. Anyone come across such a thing?

Don't lock it down.
Epoxy razor blades around the bottom edge.

Camilo

"Mike" wrote in message

I'd like to find a locking device to lock my marine battery to my
skiff. Anyone come across such a thing?

See if this would work: screw the battery case down to the deck/floor. If
the boat doesn't have a floor, screw a small plywood platform onto the ribs
and screw the case to it. Then, bolt simple, small hasps onto the cover on
two sides and padlock to the case. If you use some good washers or other
metal backing so they couldn't easily be ripped off, I'd think this would
discourage casual thieves. They'd pretty much have to destroy the case to
get the battery.

You could also fashion a metal strap of some sort: screw strap to floor,
place battery case over it (covering screws), wrap strap around case, drill
holes in ends of strap and padlock. This would work if the case has molded
shape that would prevent sliding it out from the strap if it was tight.

Removing battery David General 0 July 31st 04 04:28 PM
Deep cycle batteries - miscellaneous advice? Ric Electronics 15 December 29th 03 10:20 AM
galvanic corrosion Jean Electronics 2 October 8th 03 01:58 PM
alternator charging to high? Richard Malcolm Electronics 8 August 20th 03 10:57 AM
Question about battery life MC Electronics 5 July 23rd 03 03:29 PM