David

Default Removing battery

Hi,

I have a 3.0L Mercruiser Alpha 1 I/O engine.

Thanks,
David

"Networkin" wrote in message
More info would be needed about your motor type Outboard?-- 2 cycle? --4
cycle? or Inboard? I'll try to give some sort of picture about gumming
fuel system..

Have you ever left a small amount of Soda Pop in the bottom of your glass
for a week? Great Glue!
It's sorta the same with the fuel supply line and inside the carburetor.
Tiny needle valves that may clog up with remaining fuel when you last shut
down the motor. Over period of time the fuel will dry leaving hard residue
and by adding the extreme garage temp does not help.

Suggestion, Start motor bi-weekly to avoid costly repairs. DO NOT RUN DRY.
water muffs you can purchase to fake the lake.

OH by the way,...battery is much cheaper than the marine mechanic.
try venting your garage with attic vents this could help with the 130 F
temp.

Regards,

Removing battery David General 17 August 3rd 04 02:22 AM
Deep cycle batteries - miscellaneous advice? Ric Electronics 15 December 29th 03 10:20 AM
galvanic corrosion Jean Electronics 2 October 8th 03 01:58 PM
alternator charging to high? Richard Malcolm Electronics 8 August 20th 03 10:57 AM
Question about battery life MC Electronics 5 July 23rd 03 03:29 PM