Camilo

"Mike" wrote in message

I'd like to find a locking device to lock my marine battery to my
skiff. Anyone come across such a thing?

See if this would work: screw the battery case down to the deck/floor. If
the boat doesn't have a floor, screw a small plywood platform onto the ribs
and screw the case to it. Then, bolt simple, small hasps onto the cover on
two sides and padlock to the case. If you use some good washers or other
metal backing so they couldn't easily be ripped off, I'd think this would
discourage casual thieves. They'd pretty much have to destroy the case to
get the battery.

You could also fashion a metal strap of some sort: screw strap to floor,
place battery case over it (covering screws), wrap strap around case, drill
holes in ends of strap and padlock. This would work if the case has molded
shape that would prevent sliding it out from the strap if it was tight.