Doug Kanter

Default Say NO NO NO to Wal-Mart!!!

"Ed" wrote in message

K-Mart's coming back from chapter 11 with a vengeance. I think the

public's
going to be pleasantly surprised.

I still don't like their checkout system, but I have noticed that some
WalMarts are going the same way.
Ed

The checkouts here seem normal. What's up with the ones you've seen?

Harry Krause

Jonathan Ball wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Jonathan Ball wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

Jonathan Ball wrote:

Don Bruder wrote:

In article , Don
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

Jeff

We haven't bought anything at Wal-Mart in years. It is among the most
exploitative employers in the United States, a real rogue corporation,
that screws its workers and its suppliers at every opportunity.

Wal-Mart, if you will, treats its employees as if they were Iraqis.

If their employees are being treated as badly as you say, why is it that
no union has been able to organize them?

Don

Because Wal-Mart Inc. has a carved-in-stone anti-union stance. They will
(and have, multiple times) fired everybody on the payroll and shut down
the entire store rather than allow a union to get so much as a toenail
clipping (never mind a foot...) in the door.

Prove it.

Federal law mandates union certification elections, if
enough employees ask for one.

hahahahahahohohohohohhehehehehe

This government is about as anti-union as Wal-Mart.

Non sequitur. Wal-Mart must hold a union certification
election if enough employees ask for one. Their
anti-union stance doesn't enter into it.

The "law" has been
looking the other way for the last three years, for the most part.

Prove it, liar.

Prove it?

Yes. Prove it, liar.

Hehehe. There's a ka-zillion cases that have built up the last
few years that show how anti-labor the NLRB has become, at the urging
the Bush-shippers.

That's not proof; you've merely offered another
unsupported claim.

Prove it, liar.

If you are that interested, the cites are easy enough to find.

Find them, liar.

Ahh, I see. You came across a cross-posting sea. Well, head back to your
island of bigotry, rightie.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Ed

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
news
"Ed" wrote in message

K-Mart's coming back from chapter 11 with a vengeance. I think the

public's
going to be pleasantly surprised.

I still don't like their checkout system, but I have noticed that some
WalMarts are going the same way.
Ed

The checkouts here seem normal. What's up with the ones you've seen?

Finding one with a person to check you out. Each one of the self-checkouts
means 3-6 less workers. And self-service is about all they have in K-Marts.
Ed