EricL

Default 2002 Suzuki 115 outboard

I just blew up my 1992 Mercury 115. I looked around and found a 2002
Suzuki fuel injected 4 stroke (25 hours) at a local dealer. He wants
$6,000 to install it on the boat, including everything. Is this a
reasonable price, and is it a good motor?

I'm in a similar situation. The reviews I've read on the 115 Suzuki 4
stroke have been very positive. But I'd really like to see an in water
comparison of get up and go performance (2 identical boats, identical
loads, only difference being 2stroke vs 4stroke, side by side
performance comparison. I know the 4 stroke should be slower to plane
but ... how much slower? I'm no speed freak but I don't like spending
excessive time lugging along throwing a huge wake in
semi-plane/displacement mode either.
As far as the price, sounds ok to me. It'd be nice to know what kind
of use (or abuse) it received in that 25 hours though. Ya pays ya
money, ya takes ya chance.
Rick

On 18 Jul 2003 07:47:15 -0700, EricL wrote:
I just blew up my 1992 Mercury 115. I looked around and found a 2002
Suzuki fuel injected 4 stroke (25 hours) at a local dealer. He wants
$6,000 to install it on the boat, including everything. Is this a
reasonable price, and is it a good motor?

frank news

The local crabbers are using the Suzuki 115s & 140s. A recent
conversation with Jerry at * Marine, where he tells me he is seeing the
motors coming in with 15,000 hours on them and still running good.
Crabbers run 14 hours a day mostly 7 days a week.

Capt Frank

EricL wrote:

I just blew up my 1992 Mercury 115. I looked around and found a 2002
Suzuki fuel injected 4 stroke (25 hours) at a local dealer. He wants
$6,000 to install it on the boat, including everything. Is this a
reasonable price, and is it a good motor?

Junior Member

Do you still have the 1992 Mercury motor? I need an engine cowling for mine. Call me at 843 576-3845 if you do.