Harry Krause

Default 2002 Suzuki 115 outboard

wrote:
I'm in a similar situation. The reviews I've read on the 115 Suzuki 4
stroke have been very positive. But I'd really like to see an in water
comparison of get up and go performance (2 identical boats, identical
loads, only difference being 2stroke vs 4stroke, side by side
performance comparison. I know the 4 stroke should be slower to plane
but ... how much slower? I'm no speed freak but I don't like spending
excessive time lugging along throwing a huge wake in
semi-plane/displacement mode either.
As far as the price, sounds ok to me. It'd be nice to know what kind
of use (or abuse) it received in that 25 hours though. Ya pays ya
money, ya takes ya chance.
Rick

On 18 Jul 2003 07:47:15 -0700, EricL wrote:
I just blew up my 1992 Mercury 115. I looked around and found a 2002
Suzuki fuel injected 4 stroke (25 hours) at a local dealer. He wants
$6,000 to install it on the boat, including everything. Is this a
reasonable price, and is it a good motor?

Not much slower. You might want to spend some time evaluating the Suzuki
dealership. From what I have seen, Suzuki dealers tend to be smaller,
more likely to be underfinanced, newer and in and out of the boat
business with more frequency.

--
* * *
email sent to