Harry Krause

Default Composite stringer grids, redux

Rich Stern wrote:

A small fleet of Polar skiffs were purchased by an inshore bait, tackle
and boat rental business on the ICW in NE Florida. These boats were not
used on open waters. Within 90 days, cracks developed in the liners that
also served as the deck over the flotation in the bottom of the hulls. A
guide I know, one whose boats and engines are supplied to him by
manufacturers, also had a Polar skiff go bad on him for the same reasons
-liner and then hull fractures. Now, I'm not talking about hull side
liners, because these boats don't have any. But they do have a false
floor, so to speak, underneath which is flotation and hull stiffening
assembly. There also were problems with the consoles and seats
separating from the hulls.

Whether this is endemic to the Polar line, I don't know. They're pretty
cheaply made boats, though, and as rough and ready as Carolina Skiffs
are, the Polars I've seen seem shabbier.

OK, this is more useful info. When did this happen?

Mid 1990s. I almost bought one. After my guide friend got his and I went
out fishing with him, I thought I'd pick up one for inshore fishing. I
checked them out at a local dealer, but I didn't like the looks of the
skiffs as they came from the factory. Also, the dealer only handled
Suzuki outboards, and they were not a line I'd consider. If I were still
living in Florida along the east coast and the ICW, I'd definitely get a
Carolina Skiff for ICW, inshore and creek fishing. You simply don't need
any more boat than that, and that kind of fishing is fabulous in parts
of Florida.

--
Email sent to is never read.
K Smith

Harry Krause wrote:
Rich Stern wrote:

[...]

Rich seeing you appear serious about buying one of these & intend close
contact with the actual supplier might I suggest/request you print out
these stories from Harry (including the FULL headers, most important in
these premises:-)) & when you talk to the factory give them a copy so as
a matter of natural justice they may comment??? I mean a "small" fleet
all failing within 90 days surely they know about it????

You'd already put the liar on notice that just the isolated incident
wouldn't do, so hey presto he says he "knows" of a small fleet, a fleet
of these no less!!! & ALL were defective within 90 days AND of course he
reminds you they weren't used in rough water!!

I don't expect you will of course; but I can ask:-), please report
their answers, particularly as regards Harry's story, because it has all
the hallmarks of another of his desperate lies when cornered.

Harry Krause

K Smith wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
Rich Stern wrote:

[...]

Poor, pathetic Karen, grasping, grasping, grasping.

"Oh, yeah...I was going to buy one of them there Taipain Diesel
Outboards, but when I saw one on the back of a really crappy boat, why
the engine was all rusted, and when the really ugly, fat old broad
started her up, it sounded like a bucket of bolts, and it was belching
smoke of many colors...naw, I didn't buy one."

You'd already put the liar on notice that just the isolated incident
wouldn't do, so hey presto he says he "knows" of a small fleet, a fleet
of these no less!!! & ALL were defective within 90 days AND of course he
reminds you they weren't used in rough water!!

I don't expect you will of course; but I can ask:-), please report
their answers, particularly as regards Harry's story, because it has all
the hallmarks of another of his desperate lies when cornered.

Email sent to is never read.
Harry Krause

K Smith wrote:

Harry Krause wrote

Poor, pathetic Karen, grasping, grasping, grasping.

"Oh, yeah...I was going to buy one of them there Taipain Diesel
Outboards, but when I saw one on the back of a really crappy boat, why
the engine was all rusted, and when the really ugly, fat old broad
started her up, it sounded like a bucket of bolts, and it was belching
smoke of many colors...naw, I didn't buy one."

You see Harry the subtle but important difference??? in this post as
usual you say untrue crap, but it's pretty clear you say it with NO
knowledge whatsoever. Occasionally you stretch it trying to be believed,
but hey I don't care, being the only OB manufacturer here & the only
diesel OB manufacturer in my HP range anywhere, I'm happy enough, almost
smug:-)......... almost.

You're an outboard motor manufacturer? Where's your factory? Describe
your distribution system. Who are your dealers? Where is your
literature? Where are the news articles about the "Taipan" diesel
outboard? How many outboards have you produced? Who has bought them? Got
any sold in the United States? Anyone who might show us one?

You are full of crap, Karen. The only references to a "Taipan" diesel I
could find referred to model airplane engines.

Here's the reference:

"For the benefit of our American readers, influenced by our then still
strong British ties, diesels maintained a strong presence in
control-line in Australia during the late 60's, particularly at an entry
level. It was a time when temptingly boxed c/l kits still dominated the
local hobby shop display shelves, and finding pre-mxed diesel fuel
wasn't akin to a search for the Holy Grail. For many kids of the era,
their first or second engine would frequently have been a 1.5cc or 2.5cc
Taipan diesel manufactured locally by Gordon Burford, the local fame
equivalent of Duke Fox and our our local living legend. It was the end
of a time when, although prohibited, kids could still get away with
flying a control-line model in the park without someone calling the police."

Taipan diesel outboard indeed. You registered a trade name used by
someone else.

I was always careful to make sure my ficht & optimax comments were
couched in terms as "our opinion"

"Our" opinion? There's a laugh.

or " surely they must have been told",
indeed I'm pretty sure OMC even had a look at it at one time after one
of your dumb dealer mates complained:-)

What an ego you have.

--
Email sent to is never read.
K Smith

Harry Krause wrote:
K Smith wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

Rich Stern wrote:

[...]

couched in terms as "our opinion" or " surely they must have been told",
indeed I'm pretty sure OMC even had a look at it at one time after one
of your dumb dealer mates complained:-) Ah..... they were the days, you
know sometimes I almost wish I hadn't been right about Ficht & optimax,
I do miss the dopey duo dealer tag team's spam.

In making up this lie to try to convince Rich NOT to buy the specific
boat he's interested in you've resorted to a lie which involves a
specific incident of some magnitude (a fleet ALL failing within 90
days!!!) & as such your post might cost them at least one sale (Rich's)
although I suspect their lawyers will argue many more & a large sum of
money, more than a unionist's I've got a bad back pension will cover.

Don't worry I very much doubt Rich will show them your lies, although
he definitely should before he drops their boat from his list.

Even if he does still don't be too concerned because their lawyers will
give you ample opportunity at discoveries to give the name(s) dates
places who was there what was saids of it all, for where you got this
story you're now spreading internationally to damage them & hey some of
them might have more than a unionist's bad back pension to grab???.

The really good news for you is that truth in these premises is a
perfect defense!!!

Your fake & constantly changing posting IDs are a doddle to untangle
but hey to someone or ones awarding damages with costs in the future, it
does appear you know it's a lie & you're deliberately trying to cause
this Co damage on a false premise & then not be found for account???
Dear dear dear, I see why you're concerned; OK maybe eat your liver just
a little:-)

You'd already put the liar on notice that just the isolated incident
wouldn't do, so hey presto he says he "knows" of a small fleet, a fleet
of these no less!!! & ALL were defective within 90 days AND of course he
reminds you they weren't used in rough water!!

I don't expect you will of course; but I can ask:-), please report
their answers, particularly as regards Harry's story, because it has all
the hallmarks of another of his desperate lies when cornered.

Rich Stern

[...]

Karen, you need to get a hold of yourself. I have a life, work, family,
friends, interests, that are far more important to me than the assortment of
data streams you and Harry hurl at each other. If I use the information, it
won't be to start an internet libel case. I am considering a boat purchase.
That's what I care about in this context. If Harry's information is false,
inaccurate, or otherwise not useful, that's the end of that line of
questioning. I expect Polar has changed hands since 1996, and/or, the skiffs
in question are not even built by the same company that builds the bay models.

The two of you should either get over each other or have an affair.

-- Rich Stern
www.nitroowners.com - The Nitro and Tracker Owners Web Site
www.mypontoon.com - The Pontoon Boat Web Site
www.fishingreportdatabase.com - The Fishing Report Database
www.mysporttrac.com - The Sport Trac Web Site

Harry Krause

Rich Stern wrote:
[...]

My commment was directed only towards the skiffs of the mid-1990s. I've
not paid any attention to Polar boats since then.

The two of you should either get over each other or have an affair.

I'm afraid she's obsessed and is in need of professional help.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Harry Krause

K Smith wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
K Smith wrote:

You're an outboard motor manufacturer?

I like to keep my nails in good order so just like the people who run
any other of the manufacturers I don't physically manufacture anything,
but save that caveat.

But you claimed to be an outboard motor manufacturer. Now you say you
aren't. Well, that clears taht up.

Yep definitely an OB manufacturer, there's a pic of the first, you've
seen it for years so again that's for sure, I'm an OB "manufacturer" I
accept there's nothing in the pic that confirms it as a diesel, sadly
other than it's size:-) but hey.

You mean, you watched some guys weld someone else's diesel onto a
jury-rigged lower unit? That does not make you a manufacturer.

Where's your factory?

None of your business (it's not "mine").

Uh-huh. Then you are not a manufacturer as you claimed.

Describe
your distribution system.

At this stage it's been word of mouth, we have no trouble with people
wanting them, to the extent it's an annoyance to the blokes because I'm
a bit conservative.

Oh, sure. How many have you built and sold?

Who are your dealers?

If & it's still an "if" I decide to make it a bigger operation there
will be no dealers not ever.

Even better.

The plan would be to advertise & anyone who
wanted one would buy direct & be supplied direct from stock held in
distribution warehouses at various locations. Dealers in general are
parasites on society, yes they rip consumers off for at least 20% but
that's the tip of the iceberg, they also rip their suppliers off
whenever they can get away with it. So NO dealers.

Likely because no dealer would deal with you.

Where is your
literature?

There is some but not for you, nor anyone other than locals who are
likely to actually buy & "if" I did go offshore I want to maintain
complete control over the marketing, i.e. no dealer types "have I got a
deal for you" & all I need do is give them some "rights".

Heheheh. Right.

Where are the news articles about the "Taipan" diesel
outboard?

I've not "promoted" them in any manner other than as I said word of mouth.

Uh-huh. Sure.

How many outboards have you produced?

A "few" I'm not making any claims, but enough for me to justify the
venture to myself, thus far.

Who has bought them?

Mainly commercial users, heavy things like work barges, & net fishermen,
but this is partly related to them so far being diesels. The next lot
are going to include petrol 4 strokes & yes, before you throw your so
called bad back out, we're hoping they'll be instantly EPA compliant
because of the core engine.

Uh-huh.

Got
any sold in the United States? Anyone who might show us one?

No none, haven't tried, however it's a big place & I'm always surprised
the interest people show. Till lately I got regular emails asking
questions & wanting more info. Changed my email to stop spam.

I'll bet.

You are full of crap, Karen.

The only references to a "Taipan" diesel I
could find referred to model airplane engines.

Here's the reference:

"For the benefit of our American readers, influenced by our then still
strong British ties, diesels maintained a strong presence in
control-line in Australia during the late 60's, particularly at an entry
level. It was a time when temptingly boxed c/l kits still dominated the
local hobby shop display shelves, and finding pre-mxed diesel fuel
wasn't akin to a search for the Holy Grail.

The blokes tell me it was just ether from the chemist & caster oil???

For many kids of the era,
their first or second engine would frequently have been a 1.5cc or 2.5cc
Taipan diesel manufactured locally by Gordon Burford, the local fame
equivalent of Duke Fox and our our local living legend. It was the end
of a time when, although prohibited, kids could still get away with
flying a control-line model in the park without someone calling the police."

Gee this is getting to you isn't it?? well done:-)

Naw. Easy to find. The only reference, as it were, to a "Taipan diesel"

Taipan diesel outboard indeed.

Again how do you deal with the fact that you've seen one on the
rec.boats page???? what the fairies manufactured it???

It was an ugly piece of crap that could have been anything. Looked like
it was welded by a first-year student.

You registered a trade name used by
someone else.

I do license the use to others which is expected as I hold the trade
marks in my own personal name. Even my own blokes within my own corp,
have a "license" when they use it.

Someone else used the name Taipan diesel before you did. And in
Australia. Are you infringing?

Karen, straight to your face, on your monitor. You are full of crap.
You're no more a "manufacturer" of diesel outboard motors than I am a
heart surgeon.

Find yourself another fantasy.

--
Email sent to is never read.
K Smith

Harry Krause wrote:
K Smith wrote:

Harry Krause wrote

[...]

will be no dealers not ever. The plan would be to advertise & anyone who
wanted one would buy direct & be supplied direct from stock held in
distribution warehouses at various locations. Dealers in general are
parasites on society, yes they rip consumers off for at least 20% but
that's the tip of the iceberg, they also rip their suppliers off
whenever they can get away with it. So NO dealers.

Warranties can be handled by any competent mechanics shop, marine or not
& at this stage it seems the "preferred" option will be the core engine
suppliers. We've put great effort into making sure the core engine is
totally serviceable by anyone who can service the auto/truck version of
the same engine. No "special" dealer only digi boxes, setups etc. & the
rest is straight forward with "full" info supplied with the motor or
we'll have it online anyway.

[...]

How can you say that?? unlike you I don't make "claims" & never have;
further to the extent I wish to I've answered your questions, plus of
course there's a pic of one which you've had for what?? over 5 yrs??

Compare this with you; you've never not once been able to verify any of
your lies, indeed you even got caught trying to pass a web page pic of a
Hatt 43 off as "your" boat, you are just a sad old lefty liar, that's all.

[...]

Amusing or no it's true, but hey go back & have look, unlike you I let
all my posts get archived because I have nothing to fear, absolutely
nothing, whereas you hide your ID behind fake headers because you're a
cowardly liar.

or " surely they must have been told",

indeed I'm pretty sure OMC even had a look at it at one time after one
of your dumb dealer mates complained:-)

What an ego you have.

Yes I probably agree however it's hard to stay too humble after Ficht &
to a lesser extent optimax went exactly as I told the NG they would as
soon as they were released:-) To date you've always been in denial
about this so find just one reference that predates mine & tells the
world Ficht particularly won't/can't work & even more importantly points
out exactly why:-) Yes I'm extremely proud of my blokes over this &
don't mind saying so, gives me huge confidence.

Errr HArry??? are you finished??? you don't appear to have signed off??
Was there a knock on the door & you're hiding under the couch fearful
it's Polar's lawyers with service???

OH well................. tell ya what I'll paste just a small sample of
your lies again for you, just to round off the conversation. But when
you come back all abusive as you usually do, please don't snip them, you
never snip save for your lies; why????

Here's some of Harry's lies for you, just to bring back old memories:-)

Here's just some of his prior lies (in his own words pasted);

I sold off nearly $3,000,000 in new motors and boats, depressing
the new boat
industry in southern Connecticut for an entire season. Everything was
sold...every
cotter pin, every quart of oil, 30 days after I started. For near
full-retail, too.

He had just under $1,000,000 on floor plan with a
syndicate of banks led by National Shawmut of Boston. He had been a
solid customer of that back for more than 20 years and they gave him
great rates.

As far as your other complaints, well, almost every president in my

memory,
and I *remember* Truman, Eisenhower (who cheated on his wife), Kennedy,
Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan and Bush, lied and participated in
deceit to one degree or another, and on issues far more important

than who
was giving them blow jobs.

Good lord. I met *every* president in the damned group except Bush, and I
worked once for his father.

My father used to pray that the north shore of LI Sound would be hit by
a mild hurricane. No
one injured, no on-shore property damaged, but lots of boats sunk.
Preferably early in July.

We had the Hatteras for two years. Last year, out of the cold clear, a
broker approached me with an offer to buy. Our continued Florida
lifestyle was somewhat up in the air, because the two breadwinners
hereabouts were about to be offered long-term but temporary assignments
they could not refuse in the Washington, D.C., area. So, after being
romanced a little, we sold the Hatt for almost precisely what we paid
for it. Not bad, after two full years of use. And I mean full years. So,
we didn't "make" any money off the Hatt, but we didn't lose any, either.
The proceeds were prudently invested.

The PWC was won as
a prize in a raffle.

Never mind that. Why does he have a Bilgeliner in front of his office?
Is it a display of "Boating Don'ts?"
Yeah, when we were in the boat biz, my father always had one or two

"around the back" that he was forced to take in trade. These were sold
as "as is, where is." He made sure the engine would start and run.
Beyond that, it was up to the prospective buyer to decide if he wanted
it. They moved off the lot pretty quickly, partially because my dad's
main store was on a highly trafficked commercial route with lots of
manufacturing and machining and aerospace plants near by. In those days,
workers at these places could fix anything.

Actually, Dipper, I don't think my father ever saw a Bayliner. But he

still
called bumpers bumpers.
--

Bayliner wined and dined my father a half dozen times to entice him
into becoming its dealer. His operation was the largest small boat

From 1947 until he died, he sold more than 500 outboard motors a
year from his stores, accounting for a reasonably high percentage of

*all*
outboards sold in his home state for those years.

This is a killer. My father was in the boat business dating back to
right after
the Big War. When he died and I was looking through his warehouse, I

found
wrapped in a nuclear fall-out bag (no kidding), a brand-new 1949
Evinrude 8015
50 hp outboard. The motor was a gift to my father from Evinrude for
winning some
outboard stock utility or hydroplane race.

I gave the motor to a friend of my dad's, who worked at the shop as head
mechanic. I don't believe he ever used it and I'm sure it is still
brand-new. I
have no idea who might own it now.

He also built
boats, and I worked on a few, both wood, glass covered wood and
all fiberglass. After he died, however, we sold the biz and I've
just been an occasional boat owner.

Besides, I worked off and on in the
boat business and inherited it when he died. So, as I said, I'm
knee-deep in boat heritage.

Oh,
and I had some friends who died in the service, too, but it wasn't for
what they believed in. They were drafted, shipped to Vietnam and came
back in body bags.

During the war, he turned out experimental brass shell casings
for the
Army and hopped up outboards for the Navy, which wanted to use them on
smaller
landing craft. I had photos at one time of my father with Ole Evinrude
himself.
My mother knew one of Evinrude's wives...she was a minor movie star or
singer...I forgot which. Maybe both.

Have you ever sailed from San Francisco to Hawaii? I have.
Have you ever rounded Cape Horn? I have, twice.
Have you ever transited the Panama Canal? I have.
Have you owned more than 20 boats in your lifetime? I have.
Have you ever sailed large boats competitively? I have.
Have you ever been hundreds of miles from land in a powerboat under your
command? I have.

My father and his chief mechanic once crossed the Atlantic in winter in
a 22'
boat powered by twin outboards. Yes, it is possible, even the fuel. Got a
"fireboat" welcome in NYC.

Here are some:

Hatteras 43' sportfish
Swan 41' racing/cruising sloop
Morgan 33
O'Day 30
Cruisers, Inc., Mackinac 22
Century Coronado
Bill Luders 16, as sweet a sailboat as ever caught a breeze.
Century 19' wood lapstrake with side wheel steering
Cruisers, Inc. 18' and 16' wood lapstrakes
Wolverines. Molded plywood. Gorgeous. Several. 14,15,17 footers with

various
Evinrudes
Lighting class sailboat
Botved Coronet with twin 50 hp Evinrudes. Interesting boat.
Aristocraft (a piece of junk...13', fast, held together with spit)
Alcort Sunfish
Ancarrow Marine Aquiflyer. 22' footer with two Caddy Crusaders.
Guaranteed 60
mph. In the late 1950's.
Skimmar brand skiff
Arkansas Traveler fiberglass bowrider (I think it was a bowrider)
Dyer Dhow
Su-Mark round bilge runabout, fiberglass
Penn Yan runabouts. Wood.
Old Town wood and canvas canoe
Old Town sailing canoe...different than above canoe

Sometime in the early 1960s, I was driving back from Ft. Leonard Wood to
Kansas City in a nice old MGA I owned at the time. About halfway home it
started raining heavily, I turned on the wipers, and EVERY SINGLE
electrical accessory and light in the car flashed on, there was a large
popping sound and it all blew out at once. And the car caught fire. I
pulled over to the side of the road, watched the fire, removed my
license plate and hitched on home. For all I know, that old MGA is still
there.

Sure was a pretty little car.

Puh-lease, Karen. You've not seen nor have I ever posted one example of
my professional writings on building structure and the effects on it of
hurricane-force winds and seismic activity. I haven't done any of these
in at least 10 year, but at the time I was field researching,
photographing and writing these reports, they were quite accurate,
topical and well-received by their intended audiences.