Harry Krause

Default Composite stringer grids, redux

K Smith wrote:

Rich Stern wrote:
As I recall you subscribe to "lets take a vote" theory for resolving
technical matters, which as demonstrated over the years here is risky
(ask anyone who bought a ficht or optimax, even if it didn't fail they
still took a bath).

Huh?

Since when is asking for opinions equivalent to taking votes on solving
technical matters? I am not out to "solve" anything. I am looking for input
that adds to my knowledge. No voting required. I write the check, so I make
the choice.

Clearly I agree with this & will leave the comment there.

Slammed to the mat again, eh, butch?

Regarding your assessment about the plant visit. I don't expect to pass
judgement on specific boat building details that I cannot grasp without a lot
more time and training than a couple of visiting hours will provide. However,
I can see things, like the grid, hull and deck before assembly, that are
unavailable to me otherwise. I have a practised business eye which will allow
me to assess some of the quality and process details at the plant. And I'll
have a Q&A opportunity that will far exceed any Q&A I can do with a dealer..

Yes this is true but is was in the premises of assessing the stringer
config that I made the "not much use" comment. Obviously anyone there
will spruiking the merits of whatever they do.

And yet again, you're slammed to the mat, eh, butch?

How could any of these things not gain me a more informed opinion of the
product than just kicking trailer tires at a dealership?

Any information is better than that given by a dealer & yes I do agree
you can make a whole of Co assessment if that's required, although it
probably shouldn't be.

And for the third time, you're backed into the corner and slammed down
on the mat, eh, butch?

And, finally, a request: Please manage your cut and paste a little better.
Your reply mixes responses to Harry with your response to me, and I prefer to
not be in between as you two exchange your sixth or seventh thousandth
broadside.

Well you've been gone a while & sorry if my "style" isn't to your
liking, however I have tried to give "input" & actually explain why the
opinions forwarded are held.

You don't have any "style," butch. You're just a jealous, whining butch.

--
Email sent to is never read.